Odd 404 not found

marcus

We have a web page on our site, http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/
which reads fine with IE and netscape browsers but gives
'404 not found' with a perl script we've developed. The w3 validator
http://validator.w3.org/ also gives '404 not found'.
Why? Any insight into this gratefully received!

Try giving an explicit page name, such as:

http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/index.html

You also have a very nasty large Flash image in the top left. Why not replace
it with an animated GIF so that everyone can see it?

HTH!

regards
Marcus

Dylan Parry

P.R.Brady said:
We have a web page on our site, http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/
which reads fine with IE and netscape browsers but gives
'404 not found' with a perl script we've developed. The w3 validator
http://validator.w3.org/ also gives '404 not found'.
Why? Any insight into this gratefully received!

The validator appears to find it if you specify the actual page by
filename (ie. http://www.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/index.php). Maybe your
Perl script will work if you do the same for that?

I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I know[1] that the UWB
servers are pretty weirdly set up, so it's possibly something wrong there.

If you are still having the same problems after trying the above, then I
would suggest that you get in touch with the IS Webteam (extension 2348)
and ask if they have any ideas why it isn't working ;)

____
[1] I am a UWB graduate from the Informatics/Psychology depts.