Odd behavior just with VB web application projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jomocag@gmail.com, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I've been assigned the review of several .Net web application projects
    coded in VB.Net. I used to work with C# but I also installed VB during
    VS 2003 installation (on my machine: XP Pro SP2 Spanish, now with
    VS2005 & 2003).
    Now, when I try to run/debug anyone of those projects, I get the
    following error (sorry but it's partially in spanish):
    ------------------------------
    Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no compatible. Parameter name:
    name
    Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Nombre de referencia
    cultural neutral no compatible. Parameter name: name

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:
    [ArgumentException: Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no
    compatible.
    Parameter name: name]
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetReferencedAssemblies() +0
    System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtable(Assembly a) +45
    System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +385
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.CompileIntoType() +52
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
    +126

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no
    compatible.
    Nombre del parĂ¡metro: name]
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +692
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
    +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88

    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
    inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext
    context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +497
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
    +414

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
    ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
    -----------------------------

    I've reviewed the projects in order to find some setup or configuration
    value refered to a culture reference, but the few ones I found and
    changed made no difference.

    Then I created a simple VB web project to assess if it was a problem of
    the projects or a problem with my machine. And I got the same error. So
    I decided to test if I get the same error with a simple C# project, and
    NOT, the C# web project worked like a charm. Therefore, I guess it
    should be a problem with the IIS-VB JIT compiler association or
    something similar but I can not ensure that. I tried on other machines
    (w2k3 SP1, XP Pro SP2 english) and had no problems.

    Has anyone had a problem like this? Any clue about where is the problem
    or how to solve it?

    Thanks in advance.

    , Sep 29, 2006