Odd behavior just with VB web application projects

jomocag

I've been assigned the review of several .Net web application projects
coded in VB.Net. I used to work with C# but I also installed VB during
VS 2003 installation (on my machine: XP Pro SP2 Spanish, now with
VS2005 & 2003).
Now, when I try to run/debug anyone of those projects, I get the
following error (sorry but it's partially in spanish):
------------------------------
Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no compatible. Parameter name:
name
Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Nombre de referencia
cultural neutral no compatible. Parameter name: name

Source Error:

Stack Trace:
[ArgumentException: Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no
compatible.
Parameter name: name]
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetReferencedAssemblies() +0
System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtable(Assembly a) +45
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +385
System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.CompileIntoType() +52
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
+126

[HttpException (0x80004005): Nombre de referencia cultural neutral no
compatible.
Nombre del parámetro: name]
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +692
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
+125
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88

System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext
context) +43
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +497
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
context) +170
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
+414

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
-----------------------------

I've reviewed the projects in order to find some setup or configuration
value refered to a culture reference, but the few ones I found and
changed made no difference.

Then I created a simple VB web project to assess if it was a problem of
the projects or a problem with my machine. And I got the same error. So
I decided to test if I get the same error with a simple C# project, and
NOT, the C# web project worked like a charm. Therefore, I guess it
should be a problem with the IIS-VB JIT compiler association or
something similar but I can not ensure that. I tried on other machines
(w2k3 SP1, XP Pro SP2 english) and had no problems.

Has anyone had a problem like this? Any clue about where is the problem
or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.