Odd behaviour of link colours?

Peter Charles

Like most sites, I have different colours for 'link', 'visited', and
'active' and the first time I applied the style sheet (see below), the
three colours worked fine, but since then, the link colour remains as
visited (always #993333 when it should appear first as #008080), even
when someone is opening the site for the first time. It was working
OK for all pages for a while, then it stopped and I hadn't made any
changes to the style sheet. It is wrong on all pages except for the
left frame menu bar which uses a different style sheet. (Can't see a
material difference between the two.) It doesn't work in external
browsers, the internal browsers of the two editors I use, nor does it
work for anyone accessing for the first time.

This one has me stumped.

The style sheet.

@charset "iso-8859-1";

/* First level Streamers style sheet */

body
{
background-color: #FFFFFF;
color: #000000
}

a:link {color: #008080 }
a:visited {color: #993333}
a:active {color: #FF8080}

font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 10pt

font-family: Arial;
font-size: 10pt;
text-align: left;
width: 600px;
padding: 7px
}

H1
{
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 10pt;
font-weight: bold;
width: 600px;
padding: 7px
}

H2
{
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 10pt;
font-weight: normal;
width: 600px;
padding: 7px

Mark Parnell

Like most sites, I have different colours for 'link', 'visited', and
'active' and the first time I applied the style sheet (see below), the
three colours worked fine, but since then, the link colour remains as
visited (always #993333 when it should appear first as #008080), even
when someone is opening the site for the first time.
URL?

It is wrong on all pages except for the left frame menu bar which uses
a different style sheet.

Did you say "frame"?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/