Odd behaviour of link colours?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter Charles, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Like most sites, I have different colours for 'link', 'visited', and
    'active' and the first time I applied the style sheet (see below), the
    three colours worked fine, but since then, the link colour remains as
    visited (always #993333 when it should appear first as #008080), even
    when someone is opening the site for the first time. It was working
    OK for all pages for a while, then it stopped and I hadn't made any
    changes to the style sheet. It is wrong on all pages except for the
    left frame menu bar which uses a different style sheet. (Can't see a
    material difference between the two.) It doesn't work in external
    browsers, the internal browsers of the two editors I use, nor does it
    work for anyone accessing for the first time.

    This one has me stumped.

    The style sheet.

    @charset "iso-8859-1";

    /* First level Streamers style sheet */

    body
    {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    color: #000000
    }

    a:link {color: #008080 }
    a:visited {color: #993333}
    a:active {color: #FF8080}

    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 10pt

    font-family: Arial;
    font-size: 10pt;
    text-align: left;
    width: 600px;
    padding: 7px
    }

    H1
    {
    font-family: Arial;
    font-size: 10pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    width: 600px;
    padding: 7px
    }

    H2
    {
    font-family: Arial;
    font-size: 10pt;
    font-weight: normal;
    width: 600px;
    padding: 7px
    }

    Peter Charles, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Peter Charles

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 27 Jan 2004 14:00:33 -0800, (Peter Charles)
    declared in alt.html:

    > Like most sites, I have different colours for 'link', 'visited', and
    > 'active' and the first time I applied the style sheet (see below), the
    > three colours worked fine, but since then, the link colour remains as
    > visited (always #993333 when it should appear first as #008080), even
    > when someone is opening the site for the first time.

    URL?

    > It is wrong on all pages except for the left frame menu bar which uses
    > a different style sheet.

    Did you say "frame"?

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/