Odd flash display problem w/ Div tags

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Jarry, Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Jarry

    Jarry Guest

    I just play around mainly in javascript, and I was making a web page
    (http://www.freewebs.com/prugle/games.htm). I have asked a few people
    to look at it, and so I have. Some people can see the flash file of
    the game (once theychose a game) but others could not. I myself can
    see them in Firefox 2.0, but not AOL 9.

    The basic javascript is:

    //Add games section
    name[1] =" Rush"//Can edit
    filenames[1] = "Rush 2.swf"//Can edit
    heights[1] = 600//Can edit
    widths[1] = 600//Can edit

    name[2] = "Ghost Chase"//Can edit
    filenames[2] = "GhostChase.swf"//Can edit
    heights[2] = 559//Can edit
    widths[2] = 763//Can edit

    --- this is part of a function called wiht a byval of "idno" ---

    document.getElementById("swfarea").innerHTML = " <object width=\"" +
    widths[idno] + "\" height=\"" + heights[idno] + "\"> <param name=
    \"movie\" value=\"" + filenames[idno] + "\" /><embed src=\"" +
    filenames[idno] + "\" width=\"" + widths[idno] + "\" height=\""
    +heights[idno] + "\" ></embed>"//Do not edit

    --- In a different function ---
    document.getElementById("swfarea").innerHTML = "<h2 align=\"center\"
    class=\"style2 style5\">Introduction</h2> Hello and welcome to the
    games section of Foundation Flash. We aim to host new, up and coming
    flash games, plus a few old favourites. You can get to games in two
    ways: either by using the drop down list at the top, or by presseing
    one of the links in the 'Current Games' section below. Please note
    that the back browser button may not work on this page, as it is a new
    dynamic technology we are using to give you the best performance."//
    Can edit

    The comments are for a friend of mine who isn't very good at
    javascript but would like to help. I hope you can decode the
    javascript. I really do not know what will definately solve it, or
    whether there is a solution at all

    Thanks anyway,

    Jarry

    Jarry, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Jarry

    RobG Guest

    Jarry wrote:
    > I just play around mainly in javascript, and I was making a web page
    > (http://www.freewebs.com/prugle/games.htm). I have asked a few people
    > to look at it, and so I have. Some people can see the flash file of
    > the game (once theychose a game) but others could not. I myself can
    > see them in Firefox 2.0, but not AOL 9.

    Don't use innerHTML to change content, use DOM methods.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Feb 10, 2007