odd phenomena with Repeater and PagedDataSet class

Guest

Hi guys

I've just setup my repeater to work with the PagedDataSet class as per the
article on 4guysfromrolla.

I got everything working great.. it displayed the first 20 results, and a
next button. Click that and Prev button becomes active and it shows the next
20.

Then I decided I wanted to change the font of the asp:label showing "page x
of y". So i added some properties in the property window for the label
control.

When I now run the app, I get the repeater with the next/back buttons (both
active), but no results at all. also the label is not visible? when i click
next, it goes to page 2, and everything works, and i can click back from
there and see page 1 results.

it'js just on loading - doesnt seem to be binding. if i press back after
reload, i get an error saying record -20 cannot be found (obviously).

Haven't changed the code at all, and ive taken the font stuff out of the
label. and it's still doing it!! what'd i do!?!

Cheers

Dan