Odd PyQt4 crash on exit when importing on windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Bergstresser, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. Hi all --

    I'm having an odd import issue with PyQt4. If I create two files,
    like so ....

    --- xbomb.py ---------------

    from PyQt4.QtGui import *
    import sys, ybomb

    app = QApplication(sys.argv)

    if __name__ == "__main__":
    main_win = QMainWindow()
    main_win.show()
    sys.exit(qApp.exec_())

    --- ybomb.py ----------------

    import xbomb

    ------------------------------------

    .... as you can see, the *only* thing ybomb.py does is import the
    original file. I can run xbomb just fine. However, when I close the
    dialog it displays, I get a "python.exe has encountered a problem and
    needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." crash on Windows
    XP.
    Obviously, removing either of the import statements fixes the
    problem. I think I can disentangle my real code so the files don't
    import each other, but what's going on? Are other people seeing the
    same behavior?

    -- Chris

    Chris Bergstresser, Apr 6, 2008