Oddity with java.util.SortedMap

Lew

Captain Koloth said:
Nope, and only a yIntagh repeats the dishonorable insults of a taHqeq
towards a Klingon!

You seem to think that you've said something real, here. Anyway, your
complete unwillingness to engage in a real dialog earns you yet
another *plonk*, Paul.

Buh-bye, now. Buh-bye.

And quit the dishonesty of posting under other names to get around our
killfiles.

Joshua, we need better filters.

Captain Koloth

Captain said:
Nearly all of it, given it's rarely custom-subclasses.

[calls me a liar]

More tu'HomIraH insults! You dishonor this place with your very
presence, petaQ.
It makes sense
VeQ!

Tom Anderson said, and Captain Koloth forgot

BIjatlh 'e' yImev, you dishonorable Romulan taHqeq! I did no such
thing. You are the one who's been mangling attributions.
I have already shown how it isn't necessarily a "little change".

YIDoghQo'. I have already shown that you were wrong.
You should do something about that phlegm.  Why are you spouting
random nonsense amidst your comments?

YIntagh petaQ! You dare call the Klingon language "nonsense"? You
would be wise to stay away from Qo'noS. You would not utter three
words there before someone ran you through with a bat'leth! Hab SoSlI'
Quch!
QoH!
WTF?

QI'yaH!

What is this [insults deleted]

BIjatlh 'e' yImev, petaQ!

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
You have completely disregarded the points made before

I have not. We are now discussing changing a particular
implementation, not the interface, to return SortedSet.
[suggests that I might have been dishonest]

YIHarQo'! nepwI' ghaH!

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
unlikely for such a subclass to be overriding the superclass
implementation of keySet.

[suggests that I might have been dishonest]

PetaQ! Qab jIH naghIl! (Face me if you dare!) Otherwise, naDevvo'
yIghoS.
You've never worked on a large-scale project, have you?

Of course I have, Romulan slime. Why do you ask?
I know from the jobs on which I work that
these are real concerns, as voiced by the software architects and
project managers, that affect how real budgets are spent, and

what a load of veQ.
it's founded on real-world experience, unlike what you've been saying.

Romulan cur! Again, you dare to accuse me of lying? QoH! Charghbej
vIt!
 And speak English, not gobbledygook.

Nuqjatlh??

Gobbledygook??!

TlhIngan maH!

I speak the language of honor, while you speak like a Federation
petaQ!

[insults deleted], Paul.

My name is Koloth, petaQ!

Qab jIH naghIl, cowardly taHqeq! BItu Hpa' bIHeghjaja!
More nonsense.

I said, "when you insult a Klingon's honor, prepare for trouble". You
did not heed the warning, yIntagh. Bljeghbe'chug vaj blHegh, petaQ!
If anyone here is a lying petaQ ... well, let's just say that it is
not I!

[insults deleted]

QI'yaH!

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
Paul averred:

No, he did not. I wrote that, you dishonorable Romulan taHqeq.
"Probably"?  "Only a handful"? [more false accusations of
dishonesty]

The only dishonorable one here is you, petaQ. You are a coward who
hides behind a computer screen and insults the honor of true warriors!
Do'Ha'! But, I suppose, rot yittmey ghom Hoch ...

To all jaghpu' who dare dishonor me in public, I have only this to
say: charghbej vIt!

Oh, and toDwI'maj qoSyItIvqu'!

Captain Koloth

You seem to think that you've said something real, here.

I have. BIpIvHa'law' ... and it's something in your head.
 Anyway, your complete unwillingness to engage in a real dialog

I have tried. You are unwilling to discuss anything without insulting
your opponent and repeating yourself while ignoring the points that
your opponent has raised. You are a dishonorable petaQ. Worse, you are
a Qa'Hom and you do not even know it!

Qagh Sopbe'. I have no time for unimportant little things like you.
And quit the dishonesty

You are the one being dishonorable, petaQ.

Arne Vajhøj

Captain said:
But we only need to worry about the side on the receiving end of the
changes. We can assume the side that WANTS the change is fine with it.

Those maintaining Java specs has to consider both sides.

And the ones writing classes that implement the interface does
not necessarily want the change.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Captain said:
You certainly can if you're just adding firstKey, lastKey, tailSet,
headSet, and subSet to a Set on which you aren't currently even
calling those methods.

A few. And how many already return a SortedSet, just without the
return type being declared as such? Those can be subtracted. The only
change they need is to change the return type! A one minute change!

Your theories about software development could really revolutionize
the industry:

estimate = KLOC * average line length / typing speed

Or maybe you should just stop posting until you have tried
working on a software project.

Arne

fencore1

Those maintaining Java specs has to consider both sides.

When we're talking about modifying a class in java.util, "those
maintaining Java specs" ARE one side!
the ones writing classes that implement the interface does
not necessarily want the change.

Fortunately it is a trivial change.

Lew

Captain said:
More tu'HomIraH insults! You dishonor this place with your very
presence, petaQ.

BIjatlh 'e' yImev, you dishonorable Romulan taHqeq! I did no such
thing. You are the one who's been mangling attributions.
YIDoghQo'. I have already shown that you were wrong.
YIntagh petaQ! You dare call the Klingon language "nonsense"? You

Absolutely, particularly as spat by you.
would be wise to stay away from Qo'noS. You would not utter three
words there before someone ran you through with a bat'leth! Hab SoSlI'
Quch!

BIjatlh 'e' yImev, petaQ!

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

A dead giveaway.
[suggests that I might have been dishonest]

Nonsense, I did no such thing.
YIHarQo'! nepwI' ghaH!
PetaQ! Qab jIH naghIl! (Face me if you dare!) Otherwise, naDevvo'
yIghoS.

Of course I have, Romulan slime. Why do you ask?

Because you show such startling ignorance.

I take it back. It's not startling at all.
... veQ.
Lew:
Paul:
Romulan cur! Again, you dare to accuse me of lying? QoH! Charghbej
vIt!

Not of lying, just ignorance and error. Your slip into hebephrenic nonsense
is a clear indicator that you prefer the fantasy world to the real world.
Nuqjatlh??

Gobbledygook??!

TlhIngan maH!

I speak the language of honor, while you speak like a Federation
petaQ!
My name is Koloth, petaQ!

Qab jIH naghIl, cowardly taHqeq! BItu Hpa' bIHeghjaja!
Lew:
More nonsense.
Paul:
I said, "when you insult a Klingon's honor, prepare for trouble". You
did not heed the warning, yIntagh. Bljeghbe'chug vaj blHegh, petaQ!

No, he did not. I wrote that, you dishonorable Romulan taHqeq.
"Probably"? "Only a handful"? [more false accusations of
dishonesty]

Again, not dishonesty, error.
The only dishonorable one here is you, petaQ. You are a coward who
hides behind a computer screen and insults the honor of true warriors!
Do'Ha'! But, I suppose, rot yittmey ghom Hoch ...

Haha. "True warrior". Haha.
To all jaghpu' who dare dishonor me in public, I have only this to
say: charghbej vIt!

Oh, and toDwI'maj qoSyItIvqu'!

You are aware that Klingons are fictional, are you not?

fencore1

A few. And how many already return a SortedSet, just without the
return type being declared as such? Those can be subtracted. The only
change they need is to change the return type! A one minute change!

[implied insults deleted]

**** you.

Captain said:
Nope, and only a yIntagh repeats the dishonorable insults of a taHqeq
towards a Klingon!

Syllogism:
Klingons are fictional creatures.
You are not fictional.
Therefore, you are not a Klingon.

It's called logic, Paul.

Lew

When we're talking about modifying a class in java.util, "those
maintaining Java specs" ARE one side!

Fortunately it is a trivial change.

Paul, Paul, Paul. When will you learn that your stupid aliases don't work?

Re-plonk, "petaQ".

fencore1

YIntagh petaQ! You dare call the Klingon language "nonsense"? You

[insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
A dead giveaway.

You say that as if it were evidence of a crime. But the only ones
engaged in dishonorable behavior here are you and Arne.
[suggests that I might have been dishonest]

[calls me a liar]

No, you're the liar. You clearly lied when you claimed you'd killfiled
Koloth.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
Of course I have, Romulan slime. Why do you ask?

Because you [insult deleted]

No, you're the stupid one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
I take it back. [implied insult deleted]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

No. Nobody has posted to this thread using that name.
Romulan cur! Again, you dare to accuse me of lying? QoH! Charghbej
vIt!

[numerous vicious insults deleted]

No, you're the stupid one and the crazy one. (And you have no sense of
humor -- a common trait, in my experience, of psychopathic people.)

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

No, no, no! My name is Jerry.
"Probably"?  "Only a handful"? [more false accusations of
dishonesty]

[insult deleted]

No, you're the stupid one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
The only dishonorable one here is you, petaQ. You are a coward who
hides behind a computer screen and insults the honor of true warriors!
Do'Ha'! But, I suppose, rot yittmey ghom Hoch ...

[implied insult deleted]

No, you're the coward.

Captain said:
Nope, and only a yIntagh repeats the dishonorable insults of a taHqeq
towards a Klingon!

[insults deleted], Paul

My name is Jerry.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

fencore1

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
[snip]

DO NOT POST IMMEDIATELY AFTER I DO, CYBER-STALKER. WAIT A DECENT
INTERVAL FIRST.
Paul, Paul, Paul.

Nobody here has that name, idiot.
 When will you learn that [vicious insults deleted]

Never, because you're lying.

You're the stupid one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
[insult deleted]

You dare to insult me in Klingon?

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

And it seems you were lying about having killfiled fencore1, too.

I wonder how many more lies I'll catch you in before this day is out,
psychopathic stalker?

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
Syllogism:
Klingons are fictional creatures.
You are not fictional.
Therefore, you are not a Klingon.

It's called logic, Paul.

True.

But we have strong empirical evidence that logic
does not have any impact on him.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Captain said:
Nope, and only a yIntagh repeats the dishonorable insults of a taHqeq
towards a Klingon!
[insults deleted], Paul

My name is Jerry.

You stated that earlier.

And then you a few hours later posted stating that your name
was Paul.

It is obvious that you were lying in at least one of the posts.

Since there exist a Paul with your specific social problems, then
we choose to believe that Paul is your name.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
[snip]

DO NOT POST IMMEDIATELY AFTER I DO, CYBER-STALKER. WAIT A DECENT
INTERVAL FIRST.

How well did that type of ordering work the previous times
you tried it ?

And what can you learn from that ?

Arne