Oddity with java.util.SortedMap

Lew

I have been meaning to ask, not that I'll see the response now that you're
replonked, but what exactly *is* a "feedback loop"?

Actually, it is. You have been offensive, crude, insulting, obscene and
obnoxious. Also dreadfully off topic.
You posted to a public news group and thereby made it available
to all internet users in the world.

You're doing a great job, Arne. See if you could do something about that
world peace thing, though.

Joshua Cranmer

NO!!! YOU WILL STOP THIS NOW AND ALLOW ME TO CONTINUE WITH MY OTHER
TASKS. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED ONE ROUND OF REPLIES PER 24 HOURS. THIS
IS TO ALLOW YOUR OPPONENT TIME FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, AND YOU TIME
FOR YOURS.

Don't foist your inability to keep up as a result of other people.
THESE RULES ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL PARTICIPANTS, TO ALLOW THEM TO
SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME ON OTHER ACTIVITIES.

How many people have already killed this thread in their newsreader?
Looks like all but a few.

Notice how no one else is complaining about rapid posting rates.

Joshua Cranmer

YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED ONE ROUND OF ATTACK POSTS PER DAY. THEN YOU
MUST WAIT 24 HOURS. SITTING AT YOUR COMPUTER OBSESSIVELY HITTING
"REFRESH" AND POSTING MORE AND MORE ATTACK POSTS IS A SIGN OF AN
UNSTABLE MIND. IF YOU CONTINUE TO EXHIBIT OBSESSIVE STALKING BEHAVIOR,
THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES WILL BE CONTACTED ANONYMOUSLY TO REPORT THAT YOU
MAY POSE A DANGER TO OTHERS.

Why would someone be hitting refresh? Oh right, they're using GG.

By the way, aren't you hitting refresh just as frequently?

In any case, I'm guessing he has his newsreader set to download new
newsgroup headers on a... looks like a 5 minute interval? I'm still at
10 minutes, myself.

/me runs off to get some good debugging on why the newsgroup didn't
boldify itself.

Joshua Cranmer

Lew said:
I did. The job was getting tedious.

I suppose you skipped the "dying" part. Well, perhaps you're responding
from the afterlife, but I always thought the latency there was a bitch.

Excuse me, I need to go for my interview with the god of Technology now
for the spot of Coordinator of Revival of Dead Technologies. Do you
think you could be a reference?

nebulous99

[snip]

SHUT UP!
Have you considered just closing your browser ?

You idiot, that doesn't get rid of you. You'd still be there telling
other people all about how awful I supposedly am -- but I wouldn't be
there putting a monkey wrench into your vile scheme!
[misquotes me]

Do not misquote me again. Your post contained supposed "quoted
material" that did not occur in the post that you followed up to nor
summarize material that did. That is incorrect. Stop being dishonest.
I don't respond well to threats.

[calls me a liar]

No, you're the liar.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

bbound

[misquotes me]

Do not misquote me again. Your post contained supposed "quoted
material" that did not occur in the post that you followed up to nor
summarize material that did. That is incorrect. Stop being dishonest.
NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!
What I say in response to Arne is no skin off your nose.

[nothing important or relevant]

**** off! When I want your opinion, Arne, I'll give it to you.

bbound

[misquotes and insults me]

Do not misquote me again. Your post contained supposed "quoted
material" that did not occur in the post that you followed up to nor
summarize material that did. That is incorrect. Stop being dishonest.

You're the stupid one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
No, you're the stupid one.

[insult deleted]

No, you're the stupid one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

bbound

I have been meaning to ask, [implied insult deleted], but what exactly
*is* a "feedback loop"?

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Feedback loops were explained recently in another thread.
Actually, it is.

No, it is not.
 You have been [vicious insults deleted]

No, Arne has. And you have, albeit to a considerably lesser extent.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
[misquotes me]

Do not misquote me again. Your post contained supposed "quoted
material" that did not occur in the post that you followed up to nor
summarize material that did. That is incorrect. Stop being dishonest.
You're doing a great job, Arne.

Do not encourage that little turd.
 See if you could do something about that world peace thing, though.

He can start by stopping making war himself, against me or anyone
else, and being generally more polite. Not to mention more on-topic.

bbound

NO!!! YOU WILL STOP THIS NOW AND ALLOW ME TO CONTINUE WITH MY OTHER
TASKS. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED ONE ROUND OF REPLIES PER 24 HOURS. THIS
IS TO ALLOW YOUR OPPONENT TIME FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE, AND YOU TIME
FOR YOURS.

[somewhat grammatically-challenged insult deleted]

No, you're the slow one.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.
THESE RULES ARE FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL PARTICIPANTS, TO ALLOW THEM TO
SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME ON OTHER ACTIVITIES.

[implied insults deleted]

No! None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.

bbound

By the way, aren't you hitting refresh just as frequently?

I'm the one under attack, you moron! I not only have a right to, I
actually HAVE to, just to defend myself!
In any case, I'm guessing he has his newsreader set to download new
newsgroup headers on a... looks like a 5 minute interval? I'm still at
10 minutes, myself.

That is incorrect. Neither of you should be having it auto-refresh at
all. (Quite clearly, having it do so leads to trouble!)

Mike Schilling

[snip]

NO!!!

Someone tell me how to shut this piece of shit up so I can get some
frigging rest for one frigging night!!!

Easy, really. Go to your newsreader's menuitem for "unsubscribe" and
click it.

John W Kennedy

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!

That seems a rather ill-judged position on your part. If you're going to
tell lies, I would think that you would like to be reminded of them, so
that you can keep your subsequent lies consistent. So far you've already
accidentally let it slip that "Jerry", "nebulous99", "Captain Koloth",
and "fencore1" are all the same person, to wit, you, Paul.
No, you're the liar.

But if you are not "Koloth", why are you answering messages addressed to
him?
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Are you ashamed of being "Captain Koloth"? The first step is to admit
that you have a problem, you know.
No, you're the crazy one.

But I'm not the one claiming to be a fictional character.
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

It seems that you are unhappy with either the idea of being real or
being fictional. You know, I once wrote a short-short story involving
someone whom I described as a Professor of Abnormal Ontology. I'm sure
he would have loved you. If /he/ had existed, of course.
No, you're the stupid one.

Since the apodosis depends on the protasis, you seem once again to be
arguing based on the assumption of your own non-existence. Don't keep
something like half a billion Buddhists waiting -- is Nirvana all it's
cracked up to be? What is the answer to Hamlet's great question? Did
Sartre get it, or was he full of merde?
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

But I've done nothing but point out what you are implying about yourself.
None of the nasty things that any of you have ever said or implied
about me are at all true.

But in purple, you're stunning!

--
John W. Kennedy
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and

fencore1

[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!
Easy, really.  Go to your newsreader's menuitem for "unsubscribe" and
click it.

Your pathetic efforts to trick me are futile. Obviously that would not
stop Arne from continuing to tell other people dangerously incorrect
things about me. Indeed, it would leave him to do so unopposed,
precisely the opposite of the correct outcome.

You really should try harder not to fall into the trap of believing
your own propaganda, particularly the part of it that asserts my IQ to
be in the sub-basement somewhere. It results in you severely
underestimating me.

Meanwhile, I continue to inform people that none of the nasty things
that you have said or implied about me are at all true.

Mike Schilling

[snip]

NO FEEDBACK LOOPS!
Easy, really. Go to your newsreader's menuitem for "unsubscribe" and
click it.

Your pathetic efforts to trick me are futile. Obviously that would not
stop Arne from continuing to tell other people dangerously incorrect
things about me.

Your goal was to get some rest. If suspecting that someone, somewhere in
the world might be criticizing you stops you from sleeping, there's not much
anyone can do to help you.

Joshua Cranmer

Your pathetic efforts to trick me are futile. Obviously that would not
stop Arne from continuing to tell other people dangerously incorrect
things about me. Indeed, it would leave him to do so unopposed,
precisely the opposite of the correct outcome.

Out of curiosity, have you ever heard of the spotlight effect, Twisted?

nebulous99