Ode To A Dutchman

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedarkman, Oct 28, 2011.

  1. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    thedarkman, Oct 28, 2011

  2. thedarkman wrote:
    > Well,
    >
    > I've replaced the file but I've just noticed he's deleted all my<a
    > name="limerick">
    >
    > going to have to restore them all manually - sigh.
    >
    > I suppose that format is okay.

    1) <a name="limerick"> is not valid it requires a closing tag
    2) Anchors *must* be unique so you can only have one <a
    name="limerick"></a> per page
    3) If these are just anchors to add a ID attribute to an exiting element
    instead:

    <h2 id="dutchman">Ode To A Dutchman</h2>

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 28, 2011

  3. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    On 10/28/2011 2:55 PM, thedarkman wrote:
    > Well,
    >
    > I've replaced the file but I've just noticed he's deleted all my<a
    > name="limerick">

    Yes, there's a good reason for that.

    > going to have to restore them all manually - sigh.

    No, you don't "have to restore them". What you need to do instead is to
    learn how to write valid HTML.
    Doug Miller, Oct 28, 2011
  4. thedarkman

    MG Guest

    "thedarkman" <> wrote in message
    > Well,
    >
    > I've replaced the file but I've just noticed he's deleted all my <a
    > name="limerick">

    This page:
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    has zero errors.

    This page:
    http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html
    has 420 errors.

    If you just do a copy and paste then your page will have zero errors.

    > going to have to restore them all manually - sigh.
    >
    > I suppose that format is okay.
    >
    > Anyway, I am not ungrateful

    You should be grateful.

    --
    MG
    MG, Oct 28, 2011
  5. thedarkman

    picayunish Guest

    On 28-10-2011 20:55, thedarkman wrote:
    > Well,
    >
    > I've replaced the file but I've just noticed he's deleted all my<a
    > name="limerick">
    >
    > going to have to restore them all manually - sigh.
    >
    > I suppose that format is okay.
    >
    > Anyway, I am not ungrateful
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html#odetoadutchman

    thnx lad.