Ode To A Dutchman

thedarkman

Actually,he is not quite so clever; he has lost quite a few. I'm
restoring them now from my backup.

idle

Actually,he is not quite so clever; he has lost quite a few. I'm
restoring them now from my backup.

There once was a eunuch Baron
A man quite afraid of the dark,
Hyper text markup language
representing his package
Proved that he was, forever barren.

picayunish

Actually,he is not quite so clever; he has lost quite a few. I'm
restoring them now from my backup.

Well...
The days gone by. The days changed into years.
Many things are changed.
Some things are being added and some things are being removed.

This exercise was intended how to locate the problems and learn how to
code / program the page manually. It wasn't intended to change the
function of the page, but the layout of the orginal page by using the
proper codes / markups.

Denis McMahon

Actually,he is not quite so clever; he has lost quite a few. I'm
restoring them now from my backup.

Yes, and I notice that when you put the "<a name="...."> links back in
you're fucking the page up again because you're breaking the html all
over again.

ANCHOR ELEMENTS MUST BE CLOSED!!

When you put in an <a name="....."> element you MUST close it with a </a>
*before* the next <a .......>.

If you don't do this, you will at some point have the same problems all
over again that were caused by your unclosed elements.

In addition, you need to decide whether to use:

a)

<h2><a name="......"></a>Limerick Title</h2>

or

b)

<a name="......"></a>
<h2>Limerick Title</h2>

or even

c)

<a name="......">
<h2>Limerick Title</h2>
</a>

But I do suggest you settle on a consistent format and keep it
throughout. Putting the name anchor inside the h2 element (option a) is
better practice, as it keeps the inline elements inside the block
elements.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

p.s. You have been told about this issue (unclosed anchor elements)
already in this thread, and several times previously. Why are you still
writing this broken html? Are you incapable of reading? Or just incapable
of comprehending?

Jonathan N. Little

Denis said:
c)

<a name="......">
<h2>Limerick Title</h2>
</a>

Actually (c) is not a valid option. A elements are INLINE and cannot
contain H# elements which are BLOCK. Your (c) Option should be what I
suggested. Use an ID for the anchor.

<h2 id="anchor_name">Limerick Title</h2>

Denis McMahon

Actually (c) is not a valid option. A elements are INLINE and cannot
contain H# elements which are BLOCK. Your (c) Option should be what I
suggested. Use an ID for the anchor.

<h2 id="anchor_name">Limerick Title</h2>

Yeah, see my later comment, only option a is valid, because option b
doesn't enclose the in-line <a> in a block either.

Do IDs work with links of the form host/path/page#anchor ?

Rgds

Denis McMahon

picayunish

Yeah, see my later comment, only option a is valid, because option b
doesn't enclose the in-line<a> in a block either.

Do IDs work with links of the form host/path/page#anchor ?

Yes.
In the menu or context use an anchor e.g. <a
href="host/path/page#anchor">words</a>.
somewhere in context <h2 id="anchor">words</h2>

e.g. see at http://www.evandervaart.nl/page1.php
in menu "Over mij" -> "Werkervaring" is forward to the context <h2
id="ervaring">Werk ervaring</h2>