odp.net

SK

Hello,

I have a asp.net project, where I am using the ODP.NET
provider. I am referening to the dll direcly in the
program files folder. Now when I compile the project
shouldnt it create the dll for the odp.net in the bin
folder or do I have to copy it there?

Thanks

Mythran

SK said:
Hello,

I have a asp.net project, where I am using the ODP.NET
provider. I am referening to the dll direcly in the
program files folder. Now when I compile the project
shouldnt it create the dll for the odp.net in the bin
folder or do I have to copy it there?

Thanks

Open the property sheet/window for the ODP.Net provider reference. It
should have a CopyLocal property. If it is set to false then 1.) It is
stored in the GAC and doesn't need to be copied to the bin directory or 2.)
It is stored on your filesystem elsewhere and it will need to be copied to
the bin folder or other path that the project is set to look for references.
If you would like it to be copied to the bin directory automatically, set
the CopyLocal property to True (it should be set to false if the library is
in fact in the GAC).

Mythran