    shouldnt it create the dll for the odp.net in the bin
    folder or do I have to copy it there?

    Thanks
    SK, Feb 14, 2005

  2. SK

    Mythran Guest

    "SK" <> wrote in message
    news:156201c512e1$98b18700$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a asp.net project, where I am using the ODP.NET
    > provider. I am referening to the dll direcly in the
    > program files folder. Now when I compile the project
    > shouldnt it create the dll for the odp.net in the bin
    > folder or do I have to copy it there?
    >
    > Thanks

    Open the property sheet/window for the ODP.Net provider reference. It
    should have a CopyLocal property. If it is set to false then 1.) It is
    stored in the GAC and doesn't need to be copied to the bin directory or 2.)
    It is stored on your filesystem elsewhere and it will need to be copied to
    the bin folder or other path that the project is set to look for references.
    If you would like it to be copied to the bin directory automatically, set
    the CopyLocal property to True (it should be set to false if the library is
    in fact in the GAC).

    Mythran
    Mythran, Feb 14, 2005

  3. SK

    Scott Allen Guest

    ODP.NET, I believe, deploys to the global assembly cache (GAC).
    If an assembly is in the GAC your project should not copy it locally
    into the bin directory - it will be available to use from the GAC.

    Need details on the GAC?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...nworkingwithassembliesglobalassemblycache.asp

    HTH,

    --