Of qooxdoo, qwt, and Python

John Henry

I was searching for a way to redevelop a desktop Pythoncard based
program into a web-application. I understand what need to be done for
all of the non-GUI code. For the GUI capabilities, I stumbled across
a package call qooxdoo (http://qooxdoo.org/). It appears to provide
the GUI capabilities I need. Then I saw that there is qwt - which
allows you to write qooxdoo code in pure Java. Since I don't know
Java (or don't want to know), is there a similar path I can take using
Python?

Regards,

olive

I was searching for a way to redevelop a desktop Pythoncard based
program into a web-application. I understand what need to be done for
all of the non-GUI code. For the GUI capabilities, I stumbled across
a package call qooxdoo (http://qooxdoo.org/). It appears to provide
the GUI capabilities I need. Then I saw that there is qwt - which
allows you to write qooxdoo code in pure Java. Since I don't know
Java (or don't want to know), is there a similar path I can take using
Python?

Regards,

you could try this http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/
or http://doc.appcelerator.org/overview/what_is_appcelerator/index.html
or maybe jython with any java based toolkit (qwt, zk ...).

Regards.