off topic: 2 videos on source control and open source development

Discussion in 'Python' started by Aaron Watters, Mar 8, 2008.

  1. I just wanted to send out links to 2 informative videos
    regarding open source and change control systems.

    The first is Linus Torvalds on git and how it contrasts
    with subversion and other approaches (where he says
    some nice things about Mercurial, btw).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

    This one is about managing the community dynamics
    in the subversion project.

    http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-4216011961522818645

    It only made me a little uncomfortable at certain moments :).

    Good viewing.
    -- Aaron Watters

    ===
    http://www.xfeedme.com/nucular/pydistro.py/go?FREETEXT=mileage