[OFF-TOPIC] Animosity on the part of Mr Richard Heathfield

Kenny McCormack

Oh, bollocks. It hasn't been a technical newsgroup ever since we didn't
kill Kenny.

Richard

Hee hee! Very good.

I think what Mr. Twink was alluding to was CBF's own stated positions.
Something about hoisting on, well, you know the rest...

Richard Tobin

Richard Bos said:
Oh, bollocks. It hasn't been a technical newsgroup ever since we didn't
kill Kenny.

On the contrary. The surprising achievement of Kenny and friends has
been to successfully troll this newsgroup by (for the most part)
providing correct, helpful answers to technical questions. I can't
think of any other newsgroup where that could be done.

-- Richard

Keith Thompson

On the contrary. The surprising achievement of Kenny and friends has
been to successfully troll this newsgroup by (for the most part)
providing correct, helpful answers to technical questions. I can't
think of any other newsgroup where that could be done.

Are you thinking of the same Kenny I am? KM in particular almost
*never* posts anything here but abuse. Twink's articles are often
technically correct, but deliberately off-topic, and he certainly
posts more than his share of abuse.

jameskuyper

Richard said:
On the contrary. The surprising achievement of Kenny and friends has
been to successfully troll this newsgroup by (for the most part)
providing correct, helpful answers to technical questions. I can't
think of any other newsgroup where that could be done.

I wondered whether this meant that Kenny McCormack had somehow changed
his spots, so I used Google groups to check his 10 most recent posts
to this newsgroup. I only found a few that could be classified as
answers, and I didn't find even one that was either correct or
helpful, though I know there are some trolls who would disagree with
that assessment. Less subjective, and more directly to the point
raised by Richard Bos, is the fact that I didn't find a single message
with any technical content. As usual, he spent his time abusing
people, not dealing with technical issues.

Has your ID been hijacked by one of the trolls?

Richard Tobin

Keith Thompson said:
Are you thinking of the same Kenny I am? KM in particular almost
*never* posts anything here but abuse. Twink's articles are often
technically correct, but deliberately off-topic, and he certainly
posts more than his share of abuse.

I may well have them mixed up.

-- Richard

CBFalconer

Richard said:
How naive can people be. Yes, Virginia, there _are_ still Nazis.
One was elected mayor of Rome this very year. And no, Virginia,
they are _not_ good persons, no matter what their stupid nephews
may think of them.

I fear you clearly haven't.

Yes, I have learned the difference between nuts claiming to be
Nazis, and the real thing. For example, one of the attributes of
Naziism was to require members of various organizations, such as
the army, to swear eternal obedience to Hitler. This was very
powerful, because Germans take (or at least took) oaths very
seriously.

This has very little to do with the C language.

Joachim Schmitz

Yes, Virginia, there _are_ still Nazis. One was elected mayor of Rome
this very year.

And yet another just this week stabbed a police officer (marshal Alois
Mannichl) in Passau/Bavaria.

Bye, Jojo

Chris H

CBFalconer said:
Richard Bos wrote:

Yes, I have learned the difference between nuts claiming to be
Nazis, and the real thing. For example, one of the attributes of
Naziism was to require members of various organizations, such as
the army, to swear eternal obedience to Hitler.

No, it was a requirement to swear allegiance to the leader. When Hitler
died some one else took over as Leader of the Nazi party

CBFalconer

Chris said:
No, it was a requirement to swear allegiance to the leader. When
Hitler died some one else took over as Leader of the Nazi party

I'll take your word for it. I seem to remember Adolfs name was a
part of the scheme.

Joachim Schmitz

Chris said:
No it was "Das Furher" or The Leader"

Spelling and gramar wrong:
"Der Führer" or "Der Fuehrer" ('das' indicates neuter, "The" translates to
"Der", "Die", "Das" vor male, female, neuter respectivly. This is one of the
difficulties with German grammar, esp vor non-native speakers)

I'm also not too sure about the facts, Google found several "dem Führer,
Aldof Hitler" as being part of an oath ("dem" being dativ male, another
major German grammar difficulty).

Hmm, with grammar we're getting closer to topic, slightly :cool:

Bye, Jojo

bye, Jojo

Chris H

Joachim Schmitz said:
Spelling and gramar wrong:

Sorry, German is not my native tongue
"Der Führer" or "Der Fuehrer" ('das' indicates neuter, "The" translates
to "Der", "Die", "Das" vor male, female, neuter respectivly. This is
one of the difficulties with German grammar, esp vor non-native speakers)
Thanks

I'm also not too sure about the facts, Google found several "dem
Führer, Aldof Hitler" as being part of an oath ("dem" being dativ male,
another major German grammar difficulty).

Oath for what?

Chris H

Keith Thompson said:
Perhaps you might consider taking this discussion somewhere other
than comp.lang.c.

No... It seems somewhat apt here considering some of the dictatorial
attitudes on topicality

Keith Thompson

Chris H said:
No... It seems somewhat apt here considering some of the dictatorial
attitudes on topicality

(You snipped the line where I said "please".)

So because you dislike what some people say about topicality, you're
going to deliberately pollute the group with discussions of Naziism,
which I presume even you wouldn't argue is appropriate here. Nice.

Chris H

Keith Thompson said:
(You snipped the line where I said "please".)

So because you dislike what some people say about topicality, you're
going to deliberately pollute the group with discussions of Naziism,
which I presume even you wouldn't argue is appropriate here. Nice.

I think that was my first and only post on the topic where several
others have been discussing it.

I did not start the topic.

Keith Thompson

Chris H said:
I think that was my first and only post on the topic where several
others have been discussing it.

I did not start the topic.

Fine. I ask that *everyone* drop this. Please.