[OFF-TOPIC] Animosity on the part of Mr Richard Heathfield

Antoninus Twink

No... It seems somewhat apt here considering some of the dictatorial
attitudes on topicality

Let's not forget that the person who first brought up Nazism was the
head of the topicality police himself, CBF, when for some reason he
decided to inform us that various members of his family had been
implicated in the activities of the Nazi party during WWII.

Coupled with Heathfield's well-known anti-semitism, it does seem as if
fascism is rivalling fundamentalist Christianity as the belief system of
choice for clc "regulars".

Of course, Chris is absolutely right that this has everything to do with
topicality in clc. The same twisted, narrow-minded, authoritarian
worldviews that the clc "regulars" seem to espouse in their religion and
politics seem to exactly mirror their bullying insistence on trying to
force people to comply with their view of "topicality" in this group.
Heil Heathfield!

Antoninus Twink

Fine. I ask that *everyone* drop this. Please.

Look Keith, if you aren't interested in the discussion, why don't you
just kill the thread instead of being such a primadonna and trying to
tell everyone else what they should and shouldn't talk about?

CBFalconer

Chris said:
.... snip ...

I think that was my first and only post on the topic where several
others have been discussing it.

I did not start the topic.

Just counting since the thread split into this and other things, I
find five entries from you. Your initial contribution contained:

"No, it was a requirement to swear allegiance to the leader. When
Hitler died some one else took over as Leader of the Nazi party."

Chris H

CBFalconer said:
Just counting since the thread split into this and other things, I
find five entries from you. Your initial contribution contained:

"No, it was a requirement to swear allegiance to the leader. When
Hitler died some one else took over as Leader of the Nazi party."

Quite so I was replying into a sub thread some one else had started on
the Nazis and one you are actively continuing. Please strop it. It is
off topic.

You of all people should not be continuing an off topic discussion

BTW some of the other of the 5 posts were thanking other people who
corrected my German Grammar

The point, well made is the dictatorial stance many of the regulars take
is very similar to the control the Nazis liked to try and enforce on all
things

Kenny McCormack

Chris H said:
The point, well made is the dictatorial stance many of the regulars take
is very similar to the control the Nazis liked to try and enforce on all
things

Agreed, and of course, the fact that Officer Keith is continually trying
to control what other people do speaks volumes about what sort of person
he is. Ditto for Officer Heathfield. The established code of conduct
on Usenet (Usenet first and foremost, other fora as well) is "If you
don't like it, ignore it. Don't try to control other people; it is a
losing game to try."

That said, I am also compelled to say: Paging Mr. Godwin... Mr. Godwin,
please pick up the white courtesy telephone. Paging Mr. Godwin...

Richard

Keith Thompson said:
Fine. I ask that *everyone* drop this. Please.

It's wonderful popping back and seeing the same self appointed group
Gurus issuing the same orders. It was with revulsion that I noticed a
thread where CBF told about his stained underpants. What the hell? Since
when was his skid marks "on topic"?

Richard

you making the common error of confusing etymology with meaning.
Sure there's no meaningful definition of "race" but nevertheless
there is a meaning to "racism".

From Wiki:
"According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction
between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination."

United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial
Discrimination:-

"the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction,
exclusion,
restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national
or
ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or
impairing
the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human
rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social,
cultural or any other field of public life. '"

I've had a similarly etomologically confused person try to convince
me that "homophobia" was without meaning.

I suggest you sit back, put your feet up and watch the Procle-Vision

I think you need to go back and read the article and think carefully
before replying. You seem to have been totally confused by what was said.

Richard

Old Wolf said:
Lol, you are so racist you don't even see that
you are. Your use of "them" and "these people"
shows it. You have pre-judged people you
have never met and don't know anything about.

Don't be such an idiot.

Tell me, would you sail your yacht near Somalia? No? Why? Oh yes! You're
a racist arsehole who assumes you might be captured, tortured and
murdered by vicious pirates! Yet you never met them!

You're a small minded hypocrite suffering from an overdose of political
correctness.

Richard

Mark McIntyre said:
Its one thing thinking that someone is a bastard, its another thing
saying it.

We are not talking about thinking it. We are talking about it actively
being suggested.
No, he said he had a racist attitude. You may want to carefully
consider the difference between the two.

You might want to grow up and stop kissing RH's arse.
Consider:
George W Bush shows an attitude of stupidity.
George W Bush is stupid.

In the real world we would assume that Bush is not pretending to be
stupid. QED.
Unfortunately, you /are/ in fact taking sides by attempting to make
that point

On the side of the obvious. Why are you weaselling Heathfield's words?
It is very clear what he meant.

Richard

I put "[OFF-TOPIC]" in the title of this thread but unfortunately
Google Groups appears to have removed it before posting. My apologises
to anyone that filters by thread title.

Your posts are always borderline off-topic (and sometimes entirely off-
topic) and your behavior is not proper. I'd say you're a troll.
By the way does any know a good free news server I can use? I began
using Google Groups because I lost access to my news server when I
changed Internet Service Provider.

Off-topic.

Man, do you need to get a life!

Indeed.

Chris H

Richard said:
Don't be such an idiot.

Tell me, would you sail your yacht near Somalia? No? Why? Oh yes! You're
a racist arsehole who assumes you might be captured, tortured and
murdered by vicious pirates! Yet you never met them!

You're a small minded hypocrite suffering from an overdose of political
correctness.

You are confusing a geographical location, A nationality and race.
Race.

Kenny McCormack

Chris H said:
You are confusing a geographical location, A nationality and race.
Race.

As has already been pointed out, the concept of "race" no longer exists.

And this is the thing (and is the essence of what I meant when I most
recently "Whooshed" Nick K). The regs use tight definitions when it
suits them and loose ones when that suits them.

Kenny McCormack

I suggest you sit back, put your feet up and watch the Procle-Vision

I think you need to go back and read the article and think carefully
before replying. You seem to have been totally confused by what was said.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. That is his natural state.