(Off topic) Cyberwar question

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Skybuck, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Hello,

    One of my internet providers has blocked my broadband adsl internet
    connection for over a 2 months now. They still steal money from my bank
    account and they still hold the adsl line hostage, so I can switch over
    to another ADSL internet provider. I could switch over to a (tv) cable
    internet provider, however these are more expensive and only few
    providers available because of mergers.

    I am not happy about all this:

    1. Blocked internet access.
    2. Vastly reduced internet provider choice.
    3. They stealing money and providing no service for it in return.
    4. They received false complaints, they were too lazy to do proper
    research, and now they accuse me of things I did not do, and even if I
    did do it, it's not serious enough to disconnect anybody for 2 months.
    What are they, internet police ? I don't think so ?!

    The question is what to do about it ? I can see 4 options:

    1. Switch to a more expensive (tv) cable internet provider.
    2. Sue the ADSL internet provider.
    3. Start a cyberwar against the ADSL internet provider. It's the
    Italian Internet Provider (Tiscali). However I live in the Netherlands
    where they are also present !
    4. Stick with the current dial-up internet provider.

    Here is what I have to say about the options:

    1. I don't really want to switch to a more expensive (tv) cable
    internet provider, since it's more expensive, and they also have the
    same kind of contracts, so they may also disconnect me for no reason at
    all ! Most internet providers have some lines in their contracts which
    say: "We have the right to disconnect you at any time !". Ridicilous I
    say ! That's dangerous ! People might have internet telephone, and then
    they can't call the help services in case of fire or injury or other
    dangerous situations ! Furthermore internet is becoming more and more
    important, just disconnecting people for no reason or bullshit reasons
    should not be allowed anymore ! Internet has become to important to
    just let some internet provider mess it all up !

    2. The law in the Netherlands even states that disconnecting equipment
    from open communication networks without valid reason is a crime.
    However the goverment does little against it. It's a new law.
    Furthermore, most lawyers and judges know little about internet and
    it's technology, the same can be said for the police, they know little
    about it all, they are mostly busy catching street criminals and such.
    Going to the police at least in my neighbourhood is useless. Same can
    be said for the lawyers. However I am still waiting for the lawyers
    response... they still have to make up their minds. Gje. It's only been
    2 months... Gje.

    3. So that brings me to option three. Cyberwar ! We could start a
    cyberwar against such ISP's like Tiscali and block their networks from
    our webservers, websites and homepages. They don't provide me, and us,
    with services then we don't provide anymore of our services to them !
    So their networks will become less valuable ! At some point if enough
    people take part in the cyberwar, their users will switch, because they
    can no longer access any websites. It's mean, it's not nice, but the
    ISP is doing it already ! Should we do they same back at them ?

    That's my question really:

    Who is willing to start or support a Cyberwar against these kinds of
    Evil ISP's ? and maybe you have some ideas about such a war yourself ?
    we can discuss those.

    You can also reply via e-mail at:

    If we do start a cyberwar maybe we will become anonymous to protect
    ourselves somewhat.

    I can be short about option four, it's working, but it ain't great. Me
    not too happy about it. I was lucky I still have an old computer, with
    an old 33k6 modem which is still supported by Windows 98. I can forget
    about windows xp, it doesn't support it, as well as other older
    phone/fax/data modems <- no driver support. I might buy a new 56k6
    modem, but then I would have to replace one my graphics cards in my new
    computer, and that kinda sucks as well... and the improvement won't be
    that much and dial-up is kinda expensive... need to pay per minute...
    but it's not too expensive for now. The problem is... downloading
    larger stuff becomes a
    problem... so that's not good. I am not happy about that.

    Bye,
    Skybuck !
    Skybuck, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Skybuck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    why does saying it is off topic make it ok to post off topic stuff here?

    do you have a perl question?

    <snip of way off topic stuff>

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Uri Guttman wrote:
    > why does saying it is off topic make it ok to post off topic stuff here?

    It seems common practice to mention off topic when appriorate or in
    doubt.

    It makes it more easy for filters to filter it out.

    I thought I also read it somewhere in a posting guideline...

    > do you have a perl question?

    Yeah,

    Do you wanna join my CyberArmy ? So you can write perl scripts so that
    users can install it on their websites and stuff like that ?

    To block the Evil Tiscali ISP ?!

    Going to Cyberwar is a lot of work you know... some many different
    scripting languages and things to do. It would help if somebody else
    wrote the perl scripts and tested it...

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)
    Skybuck The Destroyer, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Skybuck <> wrote:

    > Subject: (Off topic) Cyberwar question

    Making off topic posts is rude.

    Labelling an off topic post does not make it any less rude.

    > One of my internet providers has blocked my broadband adsl internet

    > Bye,

    Good!

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Aug 31, 2006
  5. Skybuck

    John Bokma Guest

    Tad McClellan <> wrote:

    > Skybuck <> wrote:
    >

    >> Subject: (Off topic) Cyberwar question

    > Making off topic posts is rude.

    Skybuck is a 15 year old kid (?) that has been kicked away by at least one
    ISP for a good reason. A welcome addition to a kill file, but on the other
    hand, he has a short attention span, and might be gone tomorrow.

    John Bokma, Aug 31, 2006
  6. Skybuck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    STD> Uri Guttman wrote:
    >> why does saying it is off topic make it ok to post off topic stuff here?

    STD> It seems common practice to mention off topic when appriorate or in
    STD> doubt.

    STD> It makes it more easy for filters to filter it out.

    STD> I thought I also read it somewhere in a posting guideline...

    not here. no off topic posts allowed. find an appropriate newsgroup and
    post it there.

    >> do you have a perl question?

    STD> Yeah,

    STD> Do you wanna join my CyberArmy ? So you can write perl scripts so that
    STD> users can install it on their websites and stuff like that ?

    that is not a perl question. you want to hire perl hackers go to
    jobs.perl.org.

    STD> Going to Cyberwar is a lot of work you know... some many different
    STD> scripting languages and things to do. It would help if somebody else
    STD> wrote the perl scripts and tested it...

    not going there. bye bye.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Aug 31, 2006
  7. Skybuck

    Prejt Guest

    John Bokma wrote:
    > Tad McClellan <> wrote:
    >
    >> Skybuck <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Subject: (Off topic) Cyberwar question

    >> Making off topic posts is rude.

    > Skybuck is a 15 year old kid (?) that has been kicked away by at least one
    > ISP for a good reason. A welcome addition to a kill file, but on the other
    > hand, he has a short attention span, and might be gone tomorrow.

    What does exactly mean skybuck2000 ?
    Prejt, Sep 2, 2006
  8. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Update:

    5. I will prepare all evidence and I will ask a Dutch
    "Telecommunication watch dog" (called OPTA in short) to take a look at
    my case.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck, Sep 3, 2006
  9. Skybuck

    Guest

    Tad McClellan wrote:
    > Skybuck <> wrote:
    >

    > > Subject: (Off topic) Cyberwar question

    > Making off topic posts is rude.
    >
    > Labelling an off topic post does not make it any less rude.

    Objecting to OT posts by replying to OT posts is stupid.

    HTH,
    John
    , Sep 4, 2006
  10. Skybuck

    Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    > Tad McClellan wrote:
    > > Skybuck <> wrote:
    > >

    > > > Subject: (Off topic) Cyberwar question

    > > Making off topic posts is rude.
    > >
    > > Labelling an off topic post does not make it any less rude.

    > Objecting to OT posts by replying to OT posts is stupid.

    Hmm, enlighten me as to how that does not apply to you?

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Sep 4, 2006
  11. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Michele Dondi wrote:
    > On 3 Sep 2006 03:51:49 -0700, "Skybuck" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Update:

    > Not that I (nor most of us) felt a need for it, but...
    >
    > >5. I will prepare all evidence and I will ask a Dutch
    > >"Telecommunication watch dog" (called OPTA in short) to take a look at
    > >my case.

    > ...good luck! Certainly a better option than spamming newsgroups with
    > OT requests, and one I recommend you for the future!
    >

    > Michele

    Hello Michele Dondi,

    Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?

    Oh wait a minute I just saw your e-mail address.

    You also have Tiscali.

    Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo.

    Now I might have to block a potential hotchick in the future ;)

    What I gotta do for some democracy and freedom.

    The sacrifices... oh maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn......

    Maybe the force be with us all, all the time =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck, Sep 4, 2006
  12. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    Skybuck wrote:
    > Michele Dondi wrote:
    > > On 3 Sep 2006 03:51:49 -0700, "Skybuck" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Update:

    > > Not that I (nor most of us) felt a need for it, but...
    > >
    > > >5. I will prepare all evidence and I will ask a Dutch
    > > >"Telecommunication watch dog" (called OPTA in short) to take a look at
    > > >my case.

    > > ...good luck! Certainly a better option than spamming newsgroups with
    > > OT requests, and one I recommend you for the future!
    > >

    > > Michele

    > Hello Michele Dondi,
    >
    > Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?
    >
    > Oh wait a minute I just saw your e-mail address.
    >
    > You also have Tiscali.
    >
    > Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo.
    >
    > Now I might have to block a potential hotchick in the future ;)
    >
    > What I gotta do for some democracy and freedom.
    >
    > The sacrifices... oh maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn......
    >
    > Maybe the force be with us all, all the time =D
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Ohhhhhh noooooooooooo......

    I should have known better.

    You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.

    I fall with suck trickery sometimes. Stupid me ohhh noooo.

    May god have mercy on my soul. I am no faggot.

    Faggots go to hell ! =D

    I am a good hetero sexual if you can call it that at least.

    I deserve to go to heaven !

    It's the naggers who should go to HELLLL =D

    One last question though:

    Why do you use a free news reader and still supply part of your e-mail
    address... ?

    That's weird... I have never seen that before I think...

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    P.S.:

    I guess the nigger food hit my brain and I am not even a nigger, go
    figure ! =D
    Skybuck, Sep 4, 2006
  13. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    I am feeling kinda funny/abusive/freespeech tonight:

    John,

    Did you know your name sounds like a goat ? =D

    LOL enough said ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    P.S.:

    Intentional top-posting... OHHHHH LOL

    Notty me ! =D

    Skybuck, Sep 4, 2006
  14. Skybuck

    Matt Garrish Guest

    Skybuck wrote:

    > Skybuck wrote:
    > > Michele Dondi wrote:

    > > > Not that I (nor most of us) felt a need for it, but...

    > > > ...good luck! Certainly a better option than spamming newsgroups with
    > > > OT requests, and one I recommend you for the future!
    > > >

    > > Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?
    > >

    > You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.

    Please do us all a favour and go back to whatever sandbox you normally
    soil yourself in.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Sep 4, 2006
  15. Skybuck wrote:
    >> Are you as hot looking as your name sounds ?
    >> Now I might have to block a potential hotchick in the future ;)

    > You probably a man with a girlish sounding name.
    > I fall with suck trickery sometimes. Stupid me ohhh noooo.
    > May god have mercy on my soul. I am no faggot.
    > Faggots go to hell ! =D
    > I guess the nigger food hit my brain and I am not even a nigger, go
    > figure ! =D

    <quote>
    PROUD TO PLONK
    Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
    posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
    Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.
    </quote>

    ***PLONK***

    Yours for a better Usenet

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Sep 4, 2006
  16. Skybuck

    Guest

    Matt Garrish wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Tad McClellan wrote:

    > > > Making off topic posts is rude.
    > > >
    > > > Labelling an off topic post does not make it any less rude.

    > > Objecting to OT posts by replying to OT posts is stupid.

    > Hmm, enlighten me as to how that does not apply to you?

    I don't object to OT posts, dumbshit.

    , Sep 4, 2006
  17. Skybuck

    John Bokma Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:

    > Yours for a better Usenet

    Writing versatel.nl about Skybuck might indeed help for a better Usenet,
    ploinking nor posting "I ploinked you" does :).

    The post you replied to is IMNSHO sufficient enough to have his account
    deleted, and I have informed versatel so.

    John Bokma, Sep 4, 2006
  18. Skybuck

    Matt Garrish Guest

    wrote:

    > Matt Garrish wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > Objecting to OT posts by replying to OT posts is stupid.

    > > Hmm, enlighten me as to how that does not apply to you?

    > I don't object to OT posts, dumbshit.

    You are a slow one. In simpler terms, then: why do you think your
    objecting to his objecting serves any more purpose? If his objection is
    pointless, yours is just as much so.

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Sep 5, 2006
  19. Skybuck

    Guest

    Matt Garrish wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Matt Garrish wrote:

    > > > Hmm, enlighten me as to how that does not apply to you?

    > > I don't object to OT posts, dumbshit.

    > You are a slow one. In simpler terms, then: why do you think your
    > objecting to his objecting serves any more purpose? If his objection is
    > pointless, yours is just as much so.

    I said I think it is stupid to post OT if you object to posting OT, and
    I'm right. I never said objecting, in the abstract, was pointless,
    wrong, or even stupid.

    You, OTOH, are posting repeatedly and "ridiculously" OT, despite your
    assertion that those who post "ridiculously" OT are "morons".

    , Sep 5, 2006
  20. Skybuck

    Skybuck Guest

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    YOU LAME BASTARDS =D

    COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT AT MY DIAL-UP PROVIDER.

    So far they digging it.

    Soon I'll switch to broadband and then I can UNDERGROUND.

    Yeah baby.

    I am going

    I am going

    I am going DEEPER UNDERGROUND ;) =D

    And then I'll be anoumous just like YOU cowardly dipshits.

    YEAH BABY =D

    I love FREESPEECH hahahahahahahaha.

    NEHNEHNEHNEH

    Bye,