[off topic] Home computers virus protection

Srini

I have been using McAfee virus protection for a long time and starting
last couple of years I have started to not liking the product for
obvious reasons..like frequent fire wall interruptions, crashes,
update takes longer time and freezing computer intermittently.
Are there any good alternatives for this perhaps people might be
using..appreciate your thoughts.

Lew

I have been using McAfee virus protection for a long time and starting
last couple of years I have started to not liking the product for
obvious reasons..like frequent fire wall interruptions, crashes,

A single period suffices to indicate the end of a sentence.
update takes longer time and freezing computer intermittently.
Are there any good alternatives for this perhaps people might be
using..appreciate your thoughts.

This is off topic for a Java newsgroup. Please stay on topic.

I like AVG from Grisoft, which comes in a simple free version or a
more robust for-pay version.
<http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage>
Norton Antivirus is also a fine package.
<http://www.symantec.com/norton/downloads/index.jsp>

To supplement antivirus software, I recommend anti-malware software.
My favorite is Spybot Search & Destroy, not to be confused with
imitators who use confusingly-similar names intentionally.
<http://www.safer-networking.org/en/>

Arne Vajhøj

I have been using McAfee virus protection for a long time and starting
last couple of years I have started to not liking the product for
obvious reasons..like frequent fire wall interruptions, crashes,
update takes longer time and freezing computer intermittently.
Are there any good alternatives for this perhaps people might be
using..

Try find a group dedicated to antivirus.

My NNTP server claims that there is:
alt.anti-virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Arne