    have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
    is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
    whenevern I enter the group.

    thomas, Feb 28, 2008

  2. thomas

    Micah Cowan Guest

    thomas wrote:
    > hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
    > have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
    > is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
    > whenevern I enter the group.

    If it's possible, that'd be a function of your newsreader. You'll need
    to read the documentation on your reader to determine that; and
    discussing this would be much more appropriate on a forum dedicated to
    that reader, than it would be here.

    Gnus (a newsreader implementation for the "editor" GNU Emacs), with
    which I've had past experience (and which, in fact, I'm considering
    switching to again in preference to Thunderbird) has scorefiles, which
    can be used to tell Gnus what sorts of messages you are particularly
    interested in (and which ones you'd like to drop off the edge of a
    cliff). I'm certain other readers have similar capabilities.

    I imagine Google Groups must have a way to mark a thread as interesting,
    or some sort of watch-this-thread feature.

    Good luck!

    --
    Micah J. Cowan
    http://micah.cowan.name/

    Micah Cowan, Feb 28, 2008

  3. thomas

    Pavel Shved Guest

    Re: some group using skills

    On 28 ÆÅ×, 12:10, thomas <> wrote:
    > hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
    > have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
    > is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
    > whenevern I enter the group.

    In case of Google groups it's a star left to topic caption (did you
    turn images on in your browser?) and `Favourites' link in topright
    corner.

    Pavel Shved, Feb 28, 2008
  4. thomas

    thomas Guest

    Re: some group using skills

    On Feb 28, 6:25 pm, Pavel Shved <> wrote:
    > On 28 ÆÅ×, 12:10, thomas <> wrote:
    >
    > > hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
    > > have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
    > > is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
    > > whenevern I enter the group.

    > In case of Google groups it's a star left to topic caption (did you
    > turn images on in your browser?) and `Favourites' link in topright
    > corner.

    many thanks to both of you!
    Yeah, I just found the "favorites" link, and that's what I needed.

    thomas, Feb 28, 2008