    that the documents remain embedded within the iframe, or is this something
    which I just have to accept.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?VA==?=, Mar 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VA==?=

    Patrice Guest

    AFAIK in both 2007 and previous version this is actually a client dependant
    behavior. Try :
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162059/en-us

    Another option could be to use an object tag (not tried)...

    ---
    Patrice

    Patrice, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Hey thanks. I did as suggested in the support article and it does now open in
    the iframe.

    However, this must have been something the Office 2007 installation messed
    around with as everything worked fine before installing 2007. Anyone know why
    this was done? Also its not something i can expect all our users to do after
    they install office 2007, that they then have to for every office file type
    select a check box in folder options to allow them to appear in the browser.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Cheers

    =?Utf-8?B?VA==?=, Mar 6, 2007
  4. re:
    !> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162059/en-us

    That KB needs revision.
    The latest document type listed is Office 8.

    Office 2007 is Office 12.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 6, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VA==?=

    Patrice Guest

    I mentionned you could perhaps use an object tag inside your iframe to see
    if the document is then forced to be placed inside the IE window...

    Patrice, Mar 6, 2007