    I used Perl Win32::OLE module to do task 1.

    However, I dunno if its possible to access Adobe classes/objects from
    Perl to accomplish task 2. Any suggestions to do this is appreciated.
    commandline, Jun 19, 2006

  2. commandline

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth "commandline" <>:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Just a suggestion: people here are more likely to take you seriously if
    you use your real name.

    > I am a newbie who is dabbling with a few things across perl, MS office
    > and acrobat to automate
    >
    > 1. conversion of Excel, Powerpoint and Word documents into PDFs
    > 2. I need to merge the PDFs into a single pdf and add page numbers.
    >
    > I used Perl Win32::OLE module to do task 1.
    >
    > However, I dunno if its possible to access Adobe classes/objects from
    > Perl to accomplish task 2. Any suggestions to do this is appreciated.

    If Acrobat (I assume you have the full version?) exports an OLE
    interface, you can automate it in the same way as Office. Otherwise, you
    may have more success with Ghostscript and pstools, which google can
    find for you.

    Ben

    --
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Ben Morrow, Jun 19, 2006