    controls) using ASP 3.0?

    Thanks in advance.

    --surajIT

    Surajit Laha, Nov 25, 2003

  2. "Surajit Laha" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could someone please point me to some good detailed documentation
    > (with examples) on programing OWC (Spreadsheet, Pivot Table and Chart
    > controls) using ASP 3.0?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --surajIT

    Unfortunately, there is very little in the way of documentation for OWC.
    Your primary resource will likely be the help file. Do a search on your
    machine for MSOWCVBA.CHM. It's usually located in <MSO_InstallDir>/1033.
    You may want to seek advise from the m.p.office.developer.web.components
    group. In the future, please indicate the version of the
    software/technology you are using. In the case of OWC, there have been
    significant enhancements to OWC from Office2K to OfficeXP. Specifically,
    OWC (XP) is truly designed to be both a client and server side
    technology. You can, for instance, stream a chart gif directly to the
    ASP Response interface, instead of having to generate a temporary file
    which is what you had to do in OWC (2K). Finally, here's an article list
    with various charting methodologies, including OWC.

    http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/LearnMore/Graphing.asp

    HTH
    -Chris Hohmann

    Chris Hohmann, Nov 25, 2003