office web components

Loane Sharp

Hi there

I'm producing charts on the fly using Office Web Components and VBScript in
my ASP.NET application. The problem for me is that VBScript (which I'm new
at) and VBA (which I have a bit of experience in) use fairly different code
to achieve the same thing.

If I take a previously produced chart (produced manually in Excel) as a
template, is there any way to list all the chart's properties and settings,
specifically the non-default settings? I've tried visually recreating the
chart with the Macro Recorder on, but this isn't very helpful for two
reasons: I would have to recreate an awful lot of charts; and the massive
list of properties put out by the Macro Recorder don't make it immediately
clear which are mine and which are the defaults/non-essential settings?

Please help!

Best regards
Loane

Scott Allen

Hi Loane:

I believe these are two distinct objects are they not? One is an OWC.Chart
and the other an MSChart.Chart, thus the difference isn't in the language
but the object model.

Loane Sharp

Hi Scott

Nothing like a novice to sound like a complete idiot! I suppose what I
should have said is, I find the OWC Help file a bit sparse, and I'm trying
to find a detailed listing of the properties, enumerated constants,
appropriate syntax, etc. associated with OWC chartspaces. I've found some
great articles on MSDN, but these are pretty introductory. I was hoping
there'd be a close mapping between VBA and VBScript in this respect, but not
much luck. I should have known there'd be no lazy way out.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards
Loane