office web components

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Loane Sharp, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Loane Sharp

    Loane Sharp Guest

    Hi there

    I'm producing charts on the fly using Office Web Components and VBScript in
    my ASP.NET application. The problem for me is that VBScript (which I'm new
    at) and VBA (which I have a bit of experience in) use fairly different code
    to achieve the same thing.

    If I take a previously produced chart (produced manually in Excel) as a
    template, is there any way to list all the chart's properties and settings,
    specifically the non-default settings? I've tried visually recreating the
    chart with the Macro Recorder on, but this isn't very helpful for two
    reasons: I would have to recreate an awful lot of charts; and the massive
    list of properties put out by the Macro Recorder don't make it immediately
    clear which are mine and which are the defaults/non-essential settings?

    Please help!

    Best regards
    Loane

    Loane Sharp, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Loane Sharp

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Loane:

    I believe these are two distinct objects are they not? One is an OWC.Chart
    and the other an MSChart.Chart, thus the difference isn't in the language
    but the object model.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Loane Sharp

    Loane Sharp Guest

    Hi Scott

    Nothing like a novice to sound like a complete idiot! I suppose what I
    should have said is, I find the OWC Help file a bit sparse, and I'm trying
    to find a detailed listing of the properties, enumerated constants,
    appropriate syntax, etc. associated with OWC chartspaces. I've found some
    great articles on MSDN, but these are pretty introductory. I was hoping
    there'd be a close mapping between VBA and VBScript in this respect, but not
    much luck. I should have known there'd be no lazy way out.

    Thanks for your reply.

    Loane Sharp, Jan 7, 2005