    Is the ri not support for window? How can I fix it?

    Thank you very much

    Valentino

    Valentino Lun, Nov 23, 2008

  2. On 23.11.2008 02:52, Valentino Lun wrote:
    > Dear all
    >
    > I try to run ri String in my Window command prompt, it show the
    > following error
    >
    > 'less' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
    > program or batch file.
    >
    > Is the ri not support for window? How can I fix it?

    Try setting environment variable PAGER to more, e.g.

    set PAGER=more

    No idea whether that helps. I can't test it because I don't use the
    Windows distribution.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Nov 23, 2008

  3. On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Valentino Lun <> wrote:
    > I try to run ri String in my Window command prompt, it show the
    > following error...

    How did you install Ruby on Windows?

    I'm using the One Click Installer (Ruby 1.8.6), and "ri String" works
    just fine (on XP and Vista).

    Hope this helps,

    Wayne

    ---
    Wayne Vucenic
    No Bugs Software
    Agile Ruby (but preferably not Rails) Contract Programming in Silicon
    Valley since 2001

    Wayne Vucenic, Nov 27, 2008