Offline webservice and sync?

mrmattbullock

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution for the following situation?

We have a web service that customers send orders to via the web. If the
web server or database server is offline the client gets an error. The
offline can happen for many reasons ie server updates, power outage,
3rd party providers having outages etc etc.

Is there a way to get the client to determine if our web service is
offline and try again later, ie every 2 minutes? OR to get the client
to dynamicly change the web address of the web service to another web
server that can later sync its updates with the real server?

Thanks
Matt