offsetParent and XUL/SVG

Fabian Lenzen

Hi,
I’m creating a web application using XUL and SVG. My problem: I’ve tried to draw for example a dot where the user clicks in the SVG area. I get the clientX/Y-data of the event, but I also have to determine the coordinates of the SVG-area in the XUL-document. I was said to use offsetParent, offsetLeft and offsetTop. Unfortunately, Firefox (the only browser I know that supports XUL) doesn’t provide these properties in other document types than HTML.
Is there another way to find out the coordinates of the mouse click in the SVG-coordinate system?

Fabian.

Andreas M.

On 16.05.2008 14:25 Fabian Lenzen wrote
I’m creating a web application using XUL and SVG.

Try these: