    me to msn.
    Thanks.
    Al.

    Alistair George, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Alistair George

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Alistair George wrote:
    > Hello all.
    > I don't know if this is the forum for this type of question but here goes.

    I don't your choise of ng was the best for this matter, as it's really not
    html related (even if you use a html form), nor is it really php (even if you
    use php script to send the mail), but not sure what newsgroup had been the best.

    > I can use or and the mail ends up at
    > correct address. But with msn it is neither bounced, nor appears in my
    > msn mailbox as junk. I have written to MSN about it, not holding my
    > breath and fortunately, I did not because their answer was useless.
    > Any suggestions or anyone experience similar because its important for

    Microsoft uses two filters on their sites, first a filter that make a a first
    line detection of spam, everything caught here are piped to /dev/null, on the
    second line spam filter they use the preferences the user has set plus a
    little bit more strict basic rules than in first line. It's on this second
    line filtering that the mail will end in your junk box.

    Microsoft won't give out any information how they decided what is spam and
    what is not. I suggest you take a look at your mail header that you create in
    your php script, don't send a mail without additional headers, but don't try
    to copy outlook headers, try to tell that "who you are" and how to report
    abuse, and I think you may have a better chance to get the mail throe.

    --

    //Aho

    J.O. Aho, Jul 11, 2007