Offtopic: web sites submission? Don't remember how

Carlos Albert

Hello everybody,

There was some tools to make an automated site submition to google, yahoo,
altavista, etc. Also there was some way to put "keywords" in your homepage
to help the robots.

Can't find the info though, seems I lost it in my hard drive =P

Would anybody give me a hand at this?

Guest

Carlos,
Most free search engine tools are snake oil. Generate traffic by pointing
people to relevant examples on your website. Just push your website with
everything business cards, corespondence, call the radio station and give a
shout out to all the people at example.com, release a beach ball with
example.com written on it at a rock concert, anything you can think of. If
you have money then pay for tv radio comercials or position based listings on
major search engines. For the rest of us search engine listings are done
with meta tags in the head section of your page.
You can hard code into the head section or use the dotnet meta tag and
programatically create the meta tags. Also make sure your page is
default.aspx, index.htm, or similar default output.

Sample html output with meta tags
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Carlos A great dot net web site</title>
asp dot net, aspx dot net, asp.net"/>
</head>

MSN search seams to find my pages with no assistance. I think they have
maybe some kind of arrangement with Microsoft but I'm not sure, or maybe
their spiders enjoy reading aspx pages.

Good Luck
DWS