[OG] [NITRO] - Mr. George Moschovitis applies Censorship on PublicProject Forum

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005.

  1. To understand further the _real_ difference between Nitro/Og and
    Rails/ActiveRecord, see how Mr. Moschovitis treats a complaint about the
    non-existent public code-repository of Nitro/OG:

    -

    My Question:

    "As I got no feedback on this list, I tried to look to the actual
    code-repository.

    where can I find it?"

    The Censorship:

    "Ok, I added moderation to his account. I 'll accept only his useful
    messages and delete the excessive spam. Hope this helps to increase
    the SNR."

    -

    [Nitro] [OG] - Code Repository (CVS / SVN), where?
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.general/279

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005

  2. Ilias, your personal problems aren't relevant for us folks, so keep it
    for yourself.

    Danke.

    Ghislain Mary, May 7, 2005

  3. Ghislain Mary wrote:
    > Ilias, your personal problems aren't relevant for us folks, so keep it
    > for yourself.
    >
    > Danke.

    Your (whoever "us folks" is) [faulty] interpretation of what is "my
    personal problem" or a "valid topic for comp.lang.ruby", is irrelevant
    for me.

    But feel free to continue your off-topic comments, which successfully
    ignore the central part of my message:

    A Coward Censorship Case within a ruby open-source project.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  4. Ilias Lazaridis

    Glenn Parker Guest

    The sooner we all ignore Ilias completely, the sooner we can all flush
    yet another pointless and irritating thread into the bit-bucket.

    --
    Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>

    Glenn Parker, May 7, 2005
  5. Glenn Parker wrote:
    > The sooner we all ignore Ilias completely, the sooner we can all flush
    > yet another pointless and irritating thread into the bit-bucket.

    A very essential demonstration of how to ignore people on public media.

    impressive.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  6. Ilias Lazaridis

    Friday Guest

    Ilias, Ilias...

    Ilias,

    It isn't *what* you say, it is *how* you say things that seem to upset
    some people.

    Too bad for you since the world is ruled by those that know how to
    persuade others to their views. This is bad news for you professionally
    since those that fail to communicate well with others typically earn a
    lot less than average in their lives (they generally peak in their early
    to mid-twenties when management skills aren't as important in their
    careers and peers overlook personality quirks of the "young").

    And if your newsgroup communication style is the same in "real life",
    then you're probably unpopular with almost everyone you encounter. So
    this is also bad news for you socially.

    With what is likely to be an unsuccessful/frustrating professional life
    and an equally unsuccessful social life, your only remaining joy must be
    logging onto your computer to annoy the naive on newsgroups who seem to
    think your opinions matter to their lives. How sad...poor baby.

    While this is sometimes entertaining for me to witness, it is preventing
    people from working on ruby projects I utilize. So if you don't mind,
    would you please use a non-ruby newsgroup to compensate for your sad and
    frustrating existence? These people aren't gonna get much done with
    their panties in a bunch!

    I'm sure the C# newsgroups would provide sufficient ammunition for you
    to really wreck havoc...

    Thanks.

    Friday, May 7, 2005
  7. Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  8. Henrik Horneber, May 7, 2005
  9. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    Henrik Horneber wrote:

    >> As for me, the information is publically available:
    >>
    >> simply interconnect those 3 parts
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/index.html

    > See, this is why you don't put a 'validate referer' link on your page.
    > Someone could actually click on it and find out, that your page actually
    > is not compliant, which would be pretty embarassing.
    >
    > Sorry for the noise.
    >
    > Henrik

    Congratulation for gaining the most relevant essence out of the above links.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  10. Ilias-- One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over
    and over again, expecting a different result. You insult people and
    treat them badly and you expect love and praise for it. You are fixated
    on blaming the whole world for how they respond when you piss on them.

    You pride yourself on your rationality. Is it rational to continue to
    engage in a behavior that you know leads to "oppression" as you are
    charging of us? Even if we were wrong, you want us to treat you with
    respect. So you should act in a way that will win the respect you
    desire from us.

    If that means running around with blue clay smeared on your belly and
    your head shaved, so be it. That is rational. How you are behaving now
    is not.

    Paul Hanchett, May 7, 2005
  11. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    ROFL!

    Paul Hanchett, May 7, 2005
  12. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    You should take counsel from Friday Ilias. This is very much the same
    material I sent you private a couple of weeks ago. As I said then,
    other people see it clearly even if you do not.

    Paul Hanchett, May 7, 2005
  13. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    And what do they mean? I see that you have self-initiated "evaluation"
    projects on various subjects. I don't see that anyone else has reviewed
    or agreed with them. I see that you list a number of projects as
    "failures", which is very impressive indeed. In no case do you post
    enough information to identify the company you claim to have worked for.

    You demonstrate incomplete thinking and an inability to communicate with
    others, which is characterized by a failure to realize that
    communications requires the ability to empathize with others. You
    cannot empathize because to do so would require that you realize that
    there are other valid points of view beyond your own.

    Ilias, you really do need some counseling. Please get it for your own sake!

    Paul

    Paul Hanchett, May 7, 2005
  14. Paul Hanchett wrote:
    > Ilias-- One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over

    [...] - (off-topic babbling)

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  15. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    Paul Hanchett wrote:
    [moved into context]
    > Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >
    >> Friday wrote:
    >> [...] - (unbelievable)
    >>
    >> Please grow mentally up before placing such an amateurish CyberDoctor
    >> analysis, which could have hurted deeply someone with a
    >> psych/situation that you describe.
    >>
    >> -
    >>
    >> As for me, the information is publically available:
    >>
    >> simply interconnect those 3 parts
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/index.html

    > You should take counsel from Friday Ilias. This is very much the same
    > material I sent you private a couple of weeks ago. As I said then,
    > other people see it clearly even if you do not.

    My answer was similar as to you:

    Read the documents - then you will possibly understand.

    [and hopefully drop your CyberDoctor's careers]

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  16. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    Paul Hanchett wrote:
    [moved down]
    > Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >> Friday wrote: [...] - (unbelievable)
    >>
    >> Please grow mentally up before placing such an amateurish
    >> CyberDoctor analysis, which could have hurted deeply someone with a
    >> psych/situation that you describe.
    >>
    >> -
    >>
    >> As for me, the information is publically available:
    >>
    >> simply interconnect those 3 parts
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/index.html

    > And what do they mean? I see that you have self-initiated
    > "evaluation" projects on various subjects. I don't see that anyone
    > else has reviewed or agreed with them. I see that you list a number
    > of projects as "failures", which is very impressive indeed. In no
    > case do you post enough information to identify the company you claim
    > to have worked for.

    This is gentleness.

    It would be not good for the reputation of the companies.

    > You demonstrate incomplete thinking and an inability to communicate
    > with others, which is characterized by a failure to realize that
    > communications requires the ability to empathize with others. You
    > cannot empathize because to do so would require that you realize that
    > there are other valid points of view beyond your own.
    >
    > Ilias, you really do need some counseling.

    Yes, this is true.

    As stated, I cannot apply my own process to my own system (website etc.).

    Don't worry, i've no problem to accept my limits.

    I've already asked for assistance.

    > Please get it for your own sake!

    Paying for feedback would be the most efficient thing.

    But I'm out of money.

    Thus I go the "share results" way.

    -

    So, this was my last try to explain you, Mr. CyberDoctor.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  17. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

    > Friday wrote:
    > [...] - (unbelievable)
    >
    > Please grow mentally up before placing such an amateurish CyberDoctor
    > analysis, which could have hurted deeply someone with a psych/situation
    > that you describe.
    >
    > -
    >
    > As for me, the information is publically available:
    >
    > simply interconnect those 3 parts
    >
    > http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
    >
    > http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html
    >
    > http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/index.html

    From what I can tell you have essentially been doing nothing productive
    in the last three years. This appears to be further documentation that
    Friday indeed appears to be right.

    I have seen some efforts of doing things productively (your automated
    table evaluation seems to be useful even if I'm not too experienced in
    this area) and I even think that you had a point with trying to open up
    development of Og -- but clearly trying to denunciate people on a public
    mailing list after shouting in their faces is not the right thing.

    Producing a patch shows that you can actually write code, perhaps you
    could contribute back to more open source projects which would be nice
    on a resume as well.

    Please, just take a more sensible / graceful approach and things will
    work. Even if you think you *are* right and others wrong you don't need
    to show it -- it will make it harder to admit their failure in case you
    are right and harder to admit your own in case they are right.

    Sorry if it feels bad for you to discuss these things in the public, but
    I fear you would just ignore these kind of mails if they were send
    privately to you. Correct me if I am wrong on this (or reply privately,
    I don't think anybody will take offense on that) and you would prefer it
    otherwise.

    Of course, I could again be falling for trolling, but this time I didn't
    push so much effort that it would hurt. I hope others will forgive me in
    case I added to the noise side of the ratio...

    Florian Groß, May 7, 2005
  18. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    "Paul Hanchett" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > And what do they mean? I see that you have self-initiated "evaluation"
    > projects on various subjects. I don't see that anyone else has reviewed
    > or agreed with them. I see that you list a number of projects as
    > "failures", which is very impressive indeed. In no case do you post
    > enough information to identify the company you claim to have worked for.
    >
    > You demonstrate incomplete thinking and an inability to communicate with
    > others, which is characterized by a failure to realize that communications
    > requires the ability to empathize with others. You cannot empathize
    > because to do so would require that you realize that there are other valid
    > points of view beyond your own.

    The key word is "abstract". Now go figure...

    Sad this is

    robert

    Robert Klemme, May 7, 2005
  19. Re: Ilias, Ilias...

    Florian Groß wrote:
    > Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >
    >> Friday wrote:
    >> [...] - (unbelievable)
    >>
    >> Please grow mentally up before placing such an amateurish CyberDoctor
    >> analysis, which could have hurted deeply someone with a
    >> psych/situation that you describe.
    >>
    >> -
    >>
    >> As for me, the information is publically available:
    >>
    >> simply interconnect those 3 parts
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/resumes/lazaridis.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/core/index.html
    >>
    >> http://lazaridis.com/case/ide/index.html

    > From what I can tell you have essentially been doing nothing productive
    > in the last three years. This appears to be further documentation that
    > Friday indeed appears to be right.

    Of course.

    What you don't understand or not see must be nuts.

    Try it again in one week.

    > I have seen some efforts of doing things productively (your automated
    > table evaluation seems to be useful even if I'm not too experienced in
    > this area) and I even think that you had a point with trying to open up
    > development of Og

    of course I have.

    > -- but clearly trying to denunciate people on a public
    > mailing list after shouting in their faces is not the right thing.

    They denunciate themselves [I'm just a catalyst]

    and: i do not shout.

    Finally: please evaluate precisely "action vs. reaction".

    > Producing a patch shows that you can actually write code, perhaps you
    > could contribute back to more open source projects which would be nice
    > on a resume as well.

    my resume is irrelevant.

    I will reduce it shortly to just the failures.

    > Please, just take a more sensible / graceful approach and things will
    > work. Even if you think you *are* right and others wrong you don't need
    > to show it

    of course i need to show it.

    this is part of the process:

    http://lazaridis.com/efficiency/process.html

    [but I understand what you are talking about]

    > -- it will make it harder to admit their failure in case you
    > are right and harder to admit your own in case they are right.

    I've no problem to admit failure:

    LISP - an excercise for experts?
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/169aff411a95dc24

    > Sorry if it feels bad for you to discuss these things in the public, but
    > I fear you would just ignore these kind of mails if they were send
    > privately to you.

    Exactly.

    > Correct me if I am wrong on this (or reply privately,
    > I don't think anybody will take offense on that) and you would prefer it
    > otherwise.

    I would prefere if you could sent me (via email) what I need and what
    I've asked for:

    Analytical feedback to my website.

    > Of course, I could again be falling for trolling, but this time I didn't
    > push so much effort that it would hurt. I hope others will forgive me in
    > case I added to the noise side of the ratio...

    nothing speciall within this list.

    excessive off-topics.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com

    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  20. The discovery of private e-mail, access to source (Was: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. George Moschovitis...)

    Hi!

    At Sat, 07 May 2005 14:33:00 +0300, Ilias Lazaridis wrote.

    Next month's National Geographic comes with a feature on a recently
    re-discovered way of directly connecting people: privat e-mail. It
    will also contain an article about firefighters complaining that their
    work has become harder after a new kind of leisure persuit has come
    into vogue called 'flame wars'.

    Besides that: Even the GPL only requires that one is given access to
    the source of the program one is actually provided with. As long as
    you are not provided with an executable generated from the repository
    it is nice if the author provices access to the repository but he hes
    the right to decide not to do it.

    Note that Open Source licenses *explicitly* allow to create derived
    works. So if one does not agree by the way in which a project evolves
    one always has the freedom to write one's own project derived from it.

    Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT

    Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT, May 8, 2005