[OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an OpenSource Project

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005.

  1. George Moschovitis wrote
    [
    within thread:
    Re: [Nitro] [OG] - 0.16.0 with automated table evolution
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.general/305
    ]
    > Thanks.
    >
    > BTW, there is a code repository for Nitro/Og that includes the latest
    > version.

    ok

    > This repository is open to a group of 5 developers that have
    > given me valuable suggestions, bug reports through private emails.

    Open to 5 (five!!!) developers [= feedback contributors]

    => Bug Reporst via emails.

    > So there *are* people reviewing the new Og code.

    5 - very impressive.

    > Moreover, I consider all
    > the suggestions posted to this list. If anyone on this list *really*
    > wants to see the latest code just send me an email and I can arrange
    > this.

    I've seldom seen such an amateur insisting on his own inability.

    Do you really think that I would _ask_ you for access to an
    open-source-project repository?

    How ridiculous.

    > But I would advice to be patient, a new version will be released real
    > soon now (sic). It will not contain all the planned features but will
    > allow for broader review of the new code by all interested parties.

    I would advice you to become serious and professional - and to cover at
    least general requirements for an open-source project.

    I would additionally advice you, to remove immediately the moderation
    from my account on the "nitro.general" list.

    -
    -
    -

    Status Quo:

    Open Source Product, minimum Requirement: Open Source

    Open Source Project, minimum Requirement: Open Source Repository

    http://lazaridis.com/core/project/open.html

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005

  2. Ilias Lazaridis

    Bill Guindon Guest

    Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an Open Source Project

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/141481

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)
    Bill Guindon, May 7, 2005

  3. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Bill Guindon wrote:
    > On 5/7/05, Ilias Lazaridis <> wrote:
    >
    >>George Moschovitis wrote
    >>
    >>>Moreover, I consider all
    >>>the suggestions posted to this list. If anyone on this list *really*
    >>>wants to see the latest code just send me an email and I can arrange
    >>>this.

    >>I've seldom seen such an amateur insisting on his own inability.
    >>
    >>Do you really think that I would _ask_ you for access to an
    >>open-source-project repository?
    >>
    >>How ridiculous.

    > On 5/6/05, Ilias Lazaridis <> wrote:
    >
    >>anyone intrested can get the file, simply by droping me a private email.

    > http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/141481

    you are a little confused, aren't you?

    comparing action with reaction.

    "
    [as a protest to the non-existent public code-repository and to
    non-supporting my efforts on the project-forum (no responses), I've not
    followed Mr. Moschovitis request to sent him the file]
    "

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/141448

    -

    Independent of the above:

    _I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  4. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an Open Source Project

    On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    > _I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.

    Definitely! You are an *idiot*

    --
    sdmitry -=- Dmitry V. Sabanin
    http://muravey.net
    Dmitry V. Sabanin, May 7, 2005
  5. Ilias Lazaridis

    James Britt Guest

    Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:
    > On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >
    >>_I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.

    > Definitely! You are an *idiot*

    And I was hoping this list could avoid the same stream of crap that
    plagued ruby-talk.

    James
    James Britt, May 7, 2005
  6. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    James Britt wrote:
    > Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:
    >
    >> On Saturday 07 May 2005 20:34, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >>
    >>> _I_ am not a publically announced open-source-project.

    >> Definitely! You are an *idiot*

    > And I was hoping this list could avoid the same stream of crap that
    > plagued ruby-talk.
    >
    > James

    Whow!

    what an excellent fact-oriented analytical conversation.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  7. Re: [OG] [NITRO] -Ilias kicks puppies and smells bad

    Ilias Lazaridis farted:

    > what an excellent fact-oriented analytical conversation.
    >
    > ..

    ..
    Open source manifesto
    Section 9 - Responsibilities
    17/J - Open source is not a suicide pact with idiots, imbeciles,
    morons or retarded squirrels.

    Error raised - Section 9-17/J
    -
    click - closing...

    whirrrrr...grind

    -
    ("Helps us! Puuuleeze helps us complete our evaluations!
    Waaa! Mean and nasty rubyistses! Braaap!")
    /
    (_o_) <---Ilias

    -
    ..

    --
    J. Lambert
    Jon A. Lambert, May 7, 2005
  8. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so that
    we don't have to wade through piffle?

    Paul Hanchett, May 7, 2005
  9. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Paul Hanchett wrote:
    > Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so that
    > we don't have to wade through piffle?

    wake up.

    usenet is nothing for weak puppets.

    it's censorship-free.

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 7, 2005
  10. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an Open Source Project

    On May 7, 2005, at 2:09 PM, Paul Hanchett wrote:

    > Is there a way of moderating Mr. Lazardis' comments to the group so
    > that we don't have to wade through piffle?

    Sorry, just read this.

    If you're using Mail.app just add a rule:

    If <any> of the following conditions are met:

    From Contains

    Perform the following actions:

    Delete Message

    or Move message to mailbox: Spam

    The point is, if you're annoyed by it, do something about it.
    Most email clients can do something similar to this.

    While I agree that this is not ideal, the whole mailing list system
    would
    need reworking to completely eliminate someone entirely (that's just how
    I understand it anyway).

    -Shalev
    Shalev NessAiver, May 13, 2005
  11. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition of an Open Source Project

    Shalev NessAiver, May 13:

    > If <any> of the following conditions are met:
    >
    > From Contains

    â‹®

    This only captures messages from illias himself, not people who have
    responded to threads started by him. What most people want is to ignore
    the threads as a whole, not just illias posts to it,
    nikolai

    Nikolai Weibull, May 13, 2005
  12. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Nikolai Weibull wrote:
    > Shalev NessAiver, May 13:
    >

    >> If <any> of the following conditions are met:
    >>
    >> From Contains

    > This only captures messages from illias himself, not people who have
    > responded to threads started by him. What most people want is to
    > ignore the threads as a whole, not just illias posts to it, nikolai

    http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/filter.html

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 14, 2005
  13. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    > George Moschovitis wrote
    > [
    > within thread:
    > Re: [Nitro] [OG] - 0.16.0 with automated table evolution
    > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.general/305
    > ]
    >
    >> Thanks.
    >> BTW, there is a code repository for Nitro/Og that includes the latest
    >> version.

    > ok
    >
    >> This repository is open to a group of 5 developers that have
    >> given me valuable suggestions, bug reports through private emails.

    > Open to 5 (five!!!) developers [= feedback contributors]

    And when those 5 people stuck giving feedback, Mr. Moschovitis cames up
    behind the curtain:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.general/331

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.nitro.general/332

    to disapear in the next moment again (possibly with a 6th member in the
    close-source-project "Nitro/Og").

    [btw: as expected, the next version of "Og" has excessive delays.]

    --
    http://lazaridis.com
    Ilias Lazaridis, May 14, 2005
  14. Ilias Lazaridis

    Thomas Adam Guest

    On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 02:30:29AM +0900, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    > Nikolai Weibull wrote:
    > >Shalev NessAiver, May 13:
    > >

    > >>If <any> of the following conditions are met:
    > >>
    > >>From Contains

    > >This only captures messages from illias himself, not people who have
    > >responded to threads started by him. What most people want is to
    > >ignore the threads as a whole, not just illias posts to it, nikolai

    > http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/filter.html

    It's a pity -- you should also include the sporadic posts you held on
    the netbeans list as well. That way, one can make the comparison
    between your removal, too.

    -- Thomas Adam

    --
    "One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
    guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"
    Thomas Adam, May 14, 2005
  15. Re: [OG] [NITRO] - Mr. Moschovitis Revolutionary Redefinition ofan Open Source Project

    Thomas Adam wrote:
    > On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 02:30:29AM +0900, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
    >>Nikolai Weibull wrote:
    >>>Shalev NessAiver, May 13:

    >>>This only captures messages from illias himself, not people who have
    >>>responded to threads started by him. What most people want is to
    >>>ignore the threads as a whole, not just illias posts to it, nikolai

    >>http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/filter.html

    > It's a pity -- you should also include the sporadic posts you held on
    > the netbeans list as well.

    I would not call it 'sporadic'.

    I wrote around 6 weeks fulltime within netbeans.

    you can follow the links for the java evaluation.

    that will bring you to the netbeans threads.

    http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/index.html

    > That way, one can make the comparison
    > between your removal, too.

    the most impressive (to me) censorship was this form the eclipse foundation:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.softwaretools/msg/ae6315fda51d50a1

    ..

    --
    http://lazaridis.com