Oh duende dear

Joel Shepherd

Richard said:
Now I dare you to claim copyright.

FFS, take this off alt.html. No one gives a shit, okay?
Just to show that I have the necessary software to edit any image I want.

Big whoop. So do I. Nobody cares.

Welcome to the killfile.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:
As your version is so much crapper than his,

Hey, watch your tongue there young man. It's the same image, unchanged except
for the name. My guess is changing it from square-eye.jpg to eye.jpg was
quite an undertaking for poor RtS.

Steve Pugh

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:

Hey, watch your tongue there young man. It's the same image, unchanged except
for the name.

It is now. However, when I first looked it was different. The rounded
blue corners had been removed and the square pupil had been skewed
slightly and badly.

Steve

Richard

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:

Hey, watch your tongue there young man. It's the same image, unchanged except
for the name. My guess is changing it from square-eye.jpg to eye.jpg was
quite an undertaking for poor RtS.

Oh I see now. You're claiming that the "square" of the replaced eye is YOUR
work.
Sorry, but that is something anyone can do.
And you think your idea is original?
ESAD.

Sid Ismail

: In article <[email protected]>,
:
: > Now I dare you to claim copyright.
:
: FFS, take this off alt.html. No one gives a shit, okay?
:
: > Just to show that I have the necessary software to edit any image I want.
:
: Big whoop. So do I. Nobody cares.
:
: Welcome to the killfile.

I've killfiled him a while back... what a troll.

Sid

Barbara de Zoete

: In article <[email protected]>,
:
: > Just to show that I have the necessary software to edit any image I want.
:
: Big whoop. So do I. Nobody cares.
:
: Welcome to the killfile.

I've killfiled him a while back... what a troll.

The problem is, that if all put him in a killfile, no one will be able to
correct the very nonsense he utters on a daily base.

But I agree that besides the correcting bit, no one should giv e any more
attention to him and his posts. Ignore him. Don't keep rewarding him for his bad
behaviour with ever more attention. Just let him be. Don't interact with him.
Don't communicate.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:
It is now. However, when I first looked it was different. The rounded
blue corners had been removed and the square pupil had been skewed
slightly and badly.

Glad I missed it.

Time to move on.

Richard

Richard said:
www.somestuff.batcave.net

Now I dare you to claim copyright.
Just to show that I have the necessary software to edit any image I want.

BTW, dipshit, searching google turned up at least 3 other sources of your
prescious "square eye" thing.
Not the same image, the same style.
So your originality isn't all that original.
And that's just what google found so far.
No telling how many other similar, and same, images can be found.

rf

Richard said:
BTW, dipshit, searching google turned up at least 3 other sources of your
prescious "square eye" thing.
Not the same image, the same style.
So your originality isn't all that original.

You really do not have any bloody idea of copyright law do you dipstick?

Just because you happened to find something that is *similar* does not, in
any way, lessen the rights that Duende has on that particular image that you
stole.

I would imagine that millions of people have taken pictures of sunsets. That
does *not* mean that if I take a picture of a sunset that I do not hold
copyright to that particular picture. In fact, I do. If you were to steal it
(like you stole Duende's image) then I could quite easily sue you for
copyright infringement.

One of these days somebody is actually going to take you to task and sue
your stupid arse right off. It just may be dynamic drive, the way you are
stealing their copyrighted material. I would say they could easily argue
that *you*, having there material on *your* piddly little web page would
actually be quite a harm to their image.

They also include a copyright notice on their page. This means that in the
US of A they can also sue your for money. That's right. They can force you
to pay for any loss of income due to your piddly little page degrading their
reputation.

I'd contact your lawyer right now :)

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
They also include a copyright notice on their page. This means that in
the US of A they can also sue your for money. That's right. They can
force you to pay for any loss of income due to your piddly little page
degrading their reputation.

I'd contact your lawyer right now :)

Now be careful Sir. RtS may have rights you are unaware of.
http://tinyurl.com/428wr

Richard

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:

Now be careful Sir. RtS may have rights you are unaware of.

Duende, all you have to do is post the registration number for the
copyright.
Just because you "claim" it's yours, does not prove it is yours.
Because you posted it on YOUR website, does not make it legally yours.
Post the proof.

rf

Richard said:
Duende, all you have to do is post the registration number for the
copyright.

YOU BLOODY IDIOT.

There does not have to be any registration number. The simple act of
creating the work and publishing it makes it a copyrighted piece of work. It
is automatic. Nobody has to do anything else, expecially obtaining
registration numbers.
Just because you "claim" it's yours, does not prove it is yours.

Yes it does. If he built it then it is his. Full stop.
Because you posted it on YOUR website, does not make it legally yours.

Yes it does.
Post the proof.

He already has. He has posted the work and he has implied that the work is
his. That is all the proof that is required.

If he decided to sue you for theft then the deciding factor would be that
Duende could provide the court with the original uncompressed image, before
it was prepared for web use. Can you do that? No, you can't.

He has also declared, and you have admitted, that you stole his copyrighted
work. Why not simply admit that you stole his work and move on with other
things, like fixing your crappy site?

Now that you have learned from CLJ that you can do something so dreadfully
simple as to make two function calls in a single onmouseover event handler
then you should be rearing to go :)

Starshine Moonbeam

rf said:
You really do not have any bloody idea of copyright law do you dipstick?

In addition to many, many, many other things.
[...]

They'll get 2 ketchup packets and some spare wood from his "Deck"
because that's about all he's got to his name.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle rf scribbled in the mud:
Cheers
Richard.

Might as well give up on this. It's not worth gittin all worked up over. You
know RtS would love to go on about it for a year or two.

Time to take your sexy roo for a jog.

rf

Duende said:
Might as well give up on this. It's not worth gittin all worked up over. You
know RtS would love to go on about it for a year or two.

My thoughts exactly. I think I need to throw the brick wall away :)
Time to take your sexy roo for a jog.

What? Sexy is for girls. This roo is a *bloke*. Doesn't need "sexy". He just
exists.

As for jogging, Bah Humbug. We'll just wait right here thank you very much.
A nice rooette will hop past shortly.

Hywel Jenkins

Duende, all you have to do is post the registration number for the
copyright.

You don't register copyrights, RtS. Once one has published their own
work the copyright is implied. Show me the proof, in law, that one has
to "register" copyrights, RtS.

Neal

Richard said:
Duende, all you have to do is post the registration number for the
copyright.

A registration is not required for claiming copyright.

Seek a lawyer, you don't know jack shit about what you're babbling on.