OID in snmp will support multiple values or not

karthigaj

Hi,
I've to create a webserver with front end should be HTML and backend
processing should be in C. And i should not use CGI.
So i chose snmp for passing data. I want to know
1.whether single OID supports multiple value ?
2.What is tabular object?Will it support multiple rows?

Thanx in advance.
karthiga

Zara

You should ask at comp.protocols.snmp

Regards,

Zara

SM Ryan

(e-mail address removed) wrote:
# Hi,
# I've to create a webserver with front end should be HTML and backend
# processing should be in C. And i should not use CGI.
# So i chose snmp for passing data. I want to know

If you're going to do HTTP, then you have to use HTTP. HTTP doesn't
use ASN.1 to describe its transfers, nor DER or any other ASN.1
encoding to transfer.

If you're not using HTTP, then you can't expect a generic browser
to handle the traffic.

Also SNMP is not ASN.1; if you really meant ASN.1.

# 1.whether single OID supports multiple value ?

An OID is a value. Other values can correspond to arrays and
structures.

# 2.What is tabular object?Will it support multiple rows?

A value with multiple rows.

Richard Bos

I've to create a webserver with front end should be HTML and backend
processing should be in C. And i should not use CGI.
So i chose snmp for passing data. I want to know
1.whether single OID supports multiple value ?
2.What is tabular object?Will it support multiple rows?

This is just as off-topic here today as it was when you posted a closely
related question on the 6th of January, in the message
<[email protected]>.

Richard