ok i give up, set font size for table

bbxrider

trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about rows
too?
i've tried with css
< table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
without css
< table font-size: 15px>

but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

maybe its not possible??
bbxrider

Neredbojias

trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about
rows too?
i've tried with css
< table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
without css
< table font-size: 15px>

but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

maybe its not possible??
bbxrider

Seems like you have the class and id prefixes reversed.

dorayme

"bbxrider said:
trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about rows
too?
i've tried with css
< table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
without css
< table font-size: 15px>

but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

maybe its not possible??
bbxrider

Please go to

<http://www.htmldog.com/>

and read up.

Bernhard Sturm

bbxrider said:
trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about rows
too?
i've tried with css
< table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
without css
< table font-size: 15px>

but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

I suggest you read a bit about basic CSS-handling. It seems that you
don't know how to use IDs and classes. The correct above examples should
read:

your first try
---------------
HTML:

CSS:
table#first {
font-size:1.2em; /* don't use px as units! */
}

your second try
---------------
HTML:

CSS:
table.second {
font-size:1.2em; /* don't use px as units! */
}

your third try
--------------
HTML:
layout -->

that gives you a starting point. But it might not work as you expected,
it's just correct CSS...

HTH
bernhard

bbxrider

thanks for the replies, especially bernhard for your details
one thing i had to do was remove another css statement
hr, hd {font-size: 11px;}
for the class and/or id to work
i thought i could 'override' a tag statement with class and/or id