    but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

    maybe its not possible??
    bbxrider
    bbxrider, Apr 4, 2007

  2. bbxrider

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 05:54:27 GMT bbxrider scribed:

    > trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about
    > rows too?
    > i've tried with css
    > < table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
    > without css
    > < table font-size: 15px>
    >
    > but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?
    >
    > maybe its not possible??
    > bbxrider

    Seems like you have the class and id prefixes reversed.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Apr 4, 2007

  3. bbxrider

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "bbxrider" <> wrote:

    > trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about rows
    > too?
    > i've tried with css
    > < table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
    > without css
    > < table font-size: 15px>
    >
    > but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?
    >
    > maybe its not possible??
    > bbxrider

    Please go to

    <http://www.htmldog.com/>

    and read up.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 4, 2007
  4. bbxrider wrote:
    > trying to set specific font for a table and while we at it, how about rows
    > too?
    > i've tried with css
    > < table id=font15px> .font15px{font-size: 15px}
    > without css
    > < table font-size: 15px>
    >
    > but the font size still is the one set in my css body attributes?

    I suggest you read a bit about basic CSS-handling. It seems that you
    don't know how to use IDs and classes. The correct above examples should
    read:

    your first try
    ---------------
    HTML:

    CSS:
    table#first {
    font-size:1.2em; /* don't use px as units! */
    }

    your second try
    ---------------
    HTML:

    CSS:
    table.second {
    font-size:1.2em; /* don't use px as units! */
    }

    your third try
    --------------
    HTML:
    layout -->

    that gives you a starting point. But it might not work as you expected,
    it's just correct CSS...

    HTH
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply
    Bernhard Sturm, Apr 4, 2007
  5. bbxrider

    bbxrider Guest

    thanks for the replies, especially bernhard for your details
    one thing i had to do was remove another css statement
    hr, hd {font-size: 11px;}
    for the class and/or id to work
    i thought i could 'override' a tag statement with class and/or id

    bbxrider, Apr 4, 2007