    Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
    From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
    JS is off, but is not.
    In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
    intended.
    In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.

    The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
    Look for the multilevel menu script.

    Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.
    richard, Jan 5, 2008

  2. Travis Newbury, Jan 5, 2008

  3. richard

    SAZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm
    >
    > Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
    > left of the menu in green.
    >
    > Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
    > From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
    > JS is off, but is not.
    > In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
    > intended.
    > In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.
    >
    > The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
    > Look for the multilevel menu script.
    >
    > Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

    Ouch - it hurts my eyes!
    SAZ, Jan 5, 2008
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 04:55:16 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    <> wrote:

    >On Jan 5, 12:18 am, richard <> wrote:
    >> http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

    >That has to be nominated for the worlds worst use of colors in a web
    >page award...

    If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
    **** up.
    It's purely a test page.
    richard, Jan 5, 2008
  5. richard

    J.O. Aho Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm
    >
    > Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
    > left of the menu in green.
    >
    > Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
    > From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
    > JS is off, but is not.
    > In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
    > intended.
    > In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.
    >
    > The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
    > Look for the multilevel menu script.
    >
    > Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

    I guess it may have to do with this:

    Error: PagePositionLEFT is not defined
    Source File: http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/expand1.js
    Line: 72

    are you sure you have the same version of the expand1.js on your server and
    your local machine? If unsure, take a md5sum on both files, if they differ
    then you have two different versions.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Jan 5, 2008
  6. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:17:26 +0100, "J.O. Aho" <>
    wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >> http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm
    >>
    >> Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
    >> left of the menu in green.
    >>
    >> Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
    >> From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
    >> JS is off, but is not.
    >> In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
    >> intended.
    >> In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.
    >>
    >> The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
    >> Look for the multilevel menu script.
    >>
    >> Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

    >I guess it may have to do with this:
    >
    >Error: PagePositionLEFT is not defined
    >Source File: http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/expand1.js
    >Line: 72
    >
    >are you sure you have the same version of the expand1.js on your server and
    >your local machine? If unsure, take a md5sum on both files, if they differ
    >then you have two different versions.

    There are two JS pages that work hand in hand.
    Then how exactly does positioning properly take place?
    It's just an idea I'm tossin around, may not go with it.
    richard, Jan 5, 2008
  7. On Jan 5, 8:58 am, richard <> wrote:
    > >>http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

    > >That has to be nominated for the worlds worst use of colors in a web
    > >page award...

    > If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
    > **** up.
    > It's purely a test page.

    I was pointing out another problem with the page that you obviously
    missed. Your colors. If I were to come to your site and it had these
    colors I would leave before I even found out what your site was about,
    let alone the fact that there was some issue with the red area
    touching the menu or not.

    So bite me.
    (man I haven't heard that phrase in a while)
    Travis Newbury, Jan 5, 2008
  8. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 04:55:16 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Jan 5, 12:18 am, richard <> wrote:
    > >> http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

    > >That has to be nominated for the worlds worst use of colors in a web
    > >page award...

    > If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
    > **** up.
    > It's purely a test page.

    Now you are getting personal. Last time you got all earthy I
    asked you some serious questions which you still have not
    answered.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 5, 2008
  9. richard wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:17:26 +0100, "J.O. Aho" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

    > There are two JS pages that work hand in hand.
    > Then how exactly does positioning properly take place?
    > It's just an idea I'm tossin around, may not go with it.

    Both PagePositionLEFT and PagePositionTOP are not defined in
    "expand1.js". You say there are two js files but "Edit1.js" gives a 404
    so I would guess the missing 2nd file is your problem.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 5, 2008
  10. richard

    rf Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm
    >
    > Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
    > left of the menu in green.

    What "red" hearder block? I don't see any.

    You are running the browser in quirks mode so all bets regarding layout are
    off.

    And you have javascript errors.

    --
    Richard.