ok..I'm confused now. works fine locally but...

richard

http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
left of the menu in green.

Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
JS is off, but is not.
In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
intended.
In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.

The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
Look for the multilevel menu script.

Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

SAZ

http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
left of the menu in green.

Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
JS is off, but is not.
In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
intended.
In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.

The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
Look for the multilevel menu script.

Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

Ouch - it hurts my eyes!

richard

That has to be nominated for the worlds worst use of colors in a web
page award...

If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
**** up.
It's purely a test page.

J.O. Aho

richard said:
http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/oldieshome.htm

Basically, all I'm after now is to float the "red" header block to the
left of the menu in green.

Locally, the menu appears as it should but over the red block.
From the website, the menu does not even collapse as it should, as if
JS is off, but is not.
In FF the menu appears on the left, with JS off, the blocks float as
intended.
In IE with JS off, the menu appears to the right of the red block.

The actual menu itself can be found at www.4thorder.us/scripts
Look for the multilevel menu script.

Probably just missing something simple but I can't see it right now.

I guess it may have to do with this:

Error: PagePositionLEFT is not defined
Source File: http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/expand1.js
Line: 72

are you sure you have the same version of the expand1.js on your server and
your local machine? If unsure, take a md5sum on both files, if they differ
then you have two different versions.

richard

I guess it may have to do with this:

Error: PagePositionLEFT is not defined
Source File: http://oldies.littleworldofours.com/expand1.js
Line: 72

are you sure you have the same version of the expand1.js on your server and
your local machine? If unsure, take a md5sum on both files, if they differ
then you have two different versions.

There are two JS pages that work hand in hand.
Then how exactly does positioning properly take place?
It's just an idea I'm tossin around, may not go with it.

Travis Newbury

If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
**** up.
It's purely a test page.

I was pointing out another problem with the page that you obviously
missed. Your colors. If I were to come to your site and it had these
colors I would leave before I even found out what your site was about,
let alone the fact that there was some issue with the red area
touching the menu or not.

So bite me.
(man I haven't heard that phrase in a while)

dorayme

richard said:
If you can't assist with fixing the problem asked about, then shut the
**** up.
It's purely a test page.

Now you are getting personal. Last time you got all earthy I
asked you some serious questions which you still have not
answered.

Jonathan N. Little

There are two JS pages that work hand in hand.
Then how exactly does positioning properly take place?
It's just an idea I'm tossin around, may not go with it.

Both PagePositionLEFT and PagePositionTOP are not defined in
"expand1.js". You say there are two js files but "Edit1.js" gives a 404
so I would guess the missing 2nd file is your problem.