ok. new problem unederstanding mozilla divisions

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Divison 1 is floated to allow division 2 to the right of div 1.
    In order for this to show right in mozilla, I must use margin-left as well.
    Assuming for the moment div 2 width is 100%, mozilla sees the beginning of
    the width from the border of div 1. Which I bellieve should be the correct
    way of handling that.
    However, in IE, the div 2 width apparently begins from the edge of the
    screen.

    If I use a definitive measure of px, then both are correct.

    If we're going to have a damn standard to follow, then those that do not use
    the standard should have their damn heads chopped off!

    I can just see somebody building a house with two different contractors
    using two different "standards".
    One uses SAE while the other uses metric.

    I am beginning to believe that microsoft is gloating on the fact they have
    idiots with college degrees.

    Richard, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Richard

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <anonymous@127.000> wrote in message
    > Divison 1 is floated to allow division 2 to the right of div 1.
    > In order for this to show right in mozilla, I must use margin-left as

    well.

    I appreciate you thankin me for pointing this margin-left thing out to you
    earlier today NOT.

    > Assuming for the moment div 2 width is 100%, mozilla sees the beginning of
    > the width from the border of div 1. Which I bellieve should be the correct
    > way of handling that.
    > However, in IE, the div 2 width apparently begins from the edge of the
    > screen.
    >
    > If I use a definitive measure of px, then both are correct.

    Go over to the spec and read it. Then read it again untill you don't have to
    ask these sorts of questions here.

    HINT How many of the hackers here ask these kind of questions? None. We have
    all read and understood the specs.

    > If we're going to have a damn standard to follow, then those that do not

    use
    > the standard should have their damn heads chopped off!

    Yes, so you should.

    > I can just see somebody building a house with two different contractors
    > using two different "standards".
    > One uses SAE while the other uses metric.

    WTF are you talking about now?

    > I am beginning to believe that microsoft is gloating on the fact they have
    > idiots with college degrees.

    Oh, I see.

    As I surmised a minute ago, you are using IE as a test browser. A silly
    thing to do.

    Cheers
    Richard, hacker.

    rf, Jan 11, 2004