ok...one more question

Els

Jan said:
Or set the directive
"DirectoryIndex home.html"
in your httpd.conf.

Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
to httpd.conf :-(

kchayka

Els said:
Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
to httpd.conf :-(

However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you probably
*do* have access to.

Els

kchayka said:
However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you
probably *do* have access to.

That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
..htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Els scribbled in the mud:
That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
.htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

DirectoryIndex home.html

kchayka

Els said:
I have no idea what to add to the
.htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

Just add 1 line and put the .htaccess file in the server root directory:

DirectoryIndex home.html index.html

The above means it will look for home.html first. If not there, look for
index.html.

Note that this applies to the directory where the .htaccess file is
located and all its subdirectories.