ok...one more question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jojo, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. jojo

    jojo Guest

    jojo, Mar 3, 2005

  2. jojo

    Els Guest

    Els, Mar 3, 2005

  3. jojo

    jojo Guest

    "Els" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns960EE5E2BB885Els@130.133.1.4...
    > jojo wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for your previous responses!
    > >
    > > when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
    > > my page does not come up.
    > > if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it
    > > does. How do I make my page come up with just
    > > www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

    > Rename home.html to index.html
    >
    > --
    > Els http://locusmeus.com/
    > Sonhos vem. Sonhos vão. O resto é imperfeito.
    > - Renato Russo -
    > Now playing: Deep Purple - Pictures Of Home

    Thanks you!
    That certainly was easy!

    jojo

    jojo, Mar 3, 2005
  4. jojo

    SpaceGirl Guest

    jojo wrote:
    > "Els" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>jojo wrote:
    >>

    >>>Thanks for your previous responses!
    >>>
    >>>when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
    >>>my page does not come up.
    >>>if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it
    >>>does. How do I make my page come up with just
    >>>www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

    >>Rename home.html to index.html
    >>
    >>--
    >>Els http://locusmeus.com/
    >>Sonhos vem. Sonhos vão. O resto é imperfeito.
    >> - Renato Russo -
    >>Now playing: Deep Purple - Pictures Of Home

    > Thanks you!
    > That certainly was easy!
    >
    > jojo

    Els is our Godess. She knows everything :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Mar 3, 2005
  5. jojo

    Jan Faerber Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

> [...]

    ^^^^^^^^^

    >>> Rename home.html to index.html

    >> Thanks you!
    >> That certainly was easy!
    >>
    >> jojo

    > Els is our Godess. She knows everything :)

    Or set the directive
    "DirectoryIndex home.html"
    in your httpd.conf.

    --
    Jan

    http://www.janfaerber.com

    Jan Faerber, Mar 7, 2005
  6. jojo

    Els Guest

    Jan Faerber wrote:

    > ^^^^^^^^^

    > Or set the directive
    > "DirectoryIndex home.html"
    > in your httpd.conf.

    Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
    to httpd.conf :-(

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Mar 7, 2005
  7. jojo

    kchayka Guest

    Els wrote:

    > Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
    > to httpd.conf :-(

    However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you probably
    *do* have access to.

    kchayka, Mar 8, 2005
  8. jojo

    Els Guest

    kchayka wrote:

    > Els wrote:
    >>
    >> Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have
    >> access to httpd.conf :-(

    > However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you
    > probably *do* have access to.

    That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
    ..htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    Els, Mar 8, 2005
  9. jojo

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Els scribbled in the mud:

    > kchayka wrote:
    >
    >> Els wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have
    >>> access to httpd.conf :-(

    >> However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you
    >> probably *do* have access to.

    > That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
    > .htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

    DirectoryIndex home.html

    --
    D?

    Duende, Mar 8, 2005
  10. jojo

    kchayka Guest

    Els wrote:

    > I have no idea what to add to the
    > .htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

    Just add 1 line and put the .htaccess file in the server root directory:

    DirectoryIndex home.html index.html

    The above means it will look for home.html first. If not there, look for
    index.html.

    Note that this applies to the directory where the .htaccess file is
    located and all its subdirectories.

    kchayka, Mar 8, 2005