    While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.

    So what's the problem smart boys?

    100% true validation!

    Richard, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:06:47 -0600 Richard wrote:

    > www.somestuff.batcave.net/

    > In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens in
    > firefox.
    > While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.

    > So what's the problem smart boys?

    > 100% true validation!

    A little tweaking got that problem solved.

    Richard, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Richard

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Richard wrote:

    >> www.somestuff.batcave.net/

    >> In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens
    >> in firefox.
    >> While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.
    >> So what's the problem smart boys?
    >> 100% true validation!

    > A little tweaking got that problem solved.

    It needs some more tweaking I think:
    - Horizontal scrollbar (IE6, Opera7, ...)
    - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

    --
    Nico
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

    Nico Schuyt, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Nico Schuyt wrote:

    [snip]

    > - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

    And it should stay that way. Yes it could be hidden initially with
    CSS, but how would a person without the necessary scripting support
    see the menu without disabling said styling?

    At best, a SCRIPT element could be added just below the menu,
    fixing-up the menu at the earlier possible moment rather than waiting
    until the document has loaded. The downside to that is the integration
    of content and behaviour.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:35:19 +0100 Nico Schuyt wrote:

    > Richard wrote:

    >>> www.somestuff.batcave.net/

    >>> In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens
    >>> in firefox.
    >>> While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.
    >>> So what's the problem smart boys?
    >>> 100% true validation!

    >> A little tweaking got that problem solved.

    > It needs some more tweaking I think:
    > - Horizontal scrollbar (IE6, Opera7, ...)
    > - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

    Corrected the horizontal bar. At least you won't see one at 1000px and
    above.
    www.4thorder.us
    Complain to Michael Falatine for the way the menu script behaves on opening.
    I believe that's due to the fact that JS won't run until the page has fully
    loaded.
    Maybe once I get it changed over to php, that will be different.

    Richard, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Richard

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    Nico Schuyt, Feb 14, 2005