    detz Guest

    OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
    never been given a clear answer to this.
    detz, Jul 20, 2007

  2. detz wrote:
    > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
    > never been given a clear answer to this.

    They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jul 20, 2007

  3. detz

    -berlin.de Guest

    Jürgen Exner <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > detz wrote:
    > > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
    > > never been given a clear answer to this.

    > They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

    ....apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.

    Anno
    -berlin.de, Jul 20, 2007
  4. detz

    detz Guest

    On Jul 20, 11:12 am, -berlin.de wrote:
    > Jürgen Exner <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >
    > > detz wrote:
    > > > OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions? I've
    > > > never been given a clear answer to this.

    > > They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

    > ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.
    >
    > Anno

    There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.
    detz, Jul 20, 2007
  5. detz

    -berlin.de Guest

    detz <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > On Jul 20, 11:12 am, -berlin.de wrote:
    > > Jürgen Exner <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > > > They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

    > > ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.
    > >
    > > Anno

    > There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.

    It does make a difference, so it ought to be mentioned.

    Anno
    -berlin.de, Jul 20, 2007
  6. detz

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    [OT] (was: Re: OK, so what's the different between OR and || in conditions?)

    detz schreef:
    > anno:
    >> Jürgen Exner:
    >>> detz:

    >>> They have different priority. Details see "perldoc perlop".

    >> ...apart from the fact the Perl doesn't have an "OR" operator.

    > There's always one smart-ass in the crowd..that's for nothing.

    *PLONK*

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."