Okay--I'm sold!

David Veeneman

After a couple of days of playing around with it, I'm definitely sold on
ASP.NET and VS 2005 as a web development platform. I've put together a bug
reporting app much more quickly than I could have in my old ASP days. And
for once, Microsoft isn't blowing smoke with their "70% less code" claim.
I've only written a line or two of code here and there to get the web app
working. As always, Microsoft seems to have gotten it pretty close to right
on the third iteration.

Thanks much to everyone who helped me with the questions I posted while I
was getting my feet wet. This newsgroups is the most valuable resource there
is for independents like me!

David Veeneman

Funny you should mention that. All my WinForm apps are OOP. My next project
is to implement MVC and (on the back end) DAO. But you gotta crawl before
you can walk. I tried a couple of times to pick up ASP.NET in its i.x
versions. I gave up in frustration every time.

BTW, I've also become sold on the use of data binding with OOP designs. I've
put a two-part article on CodeProject on the subject:
http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/AdoNetForOopPart2.asp.

Cheers!