Oko IDDE and DB-manager now shareware

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by benben, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. benben

    benben Guest

    > Oko is a development tool for building Windows applications. It uses an
    > object-oriented programming language similar to C++ and has a rich set of
    > visual tools that

    Perhaps the only thing everyone in this group would care about: why use an
    "object-oriented programming language similar to C++" instead of standard
    C++?

    Ben

    benben, Aug 18, 2005

  2. "benben" <moc.liamtoh@hgnohneb read backward> writes:
    >> Oko is a development tool for building Windows applications. It uses an
    >> object-oriented programming language similar to C++ and has a rich set of
    >> visual tools that

    > Perhaps the only thing everyone in this group would care about: why use an
    > "object-oriented programming language similar to C++" instead of standard
    > C++?

    Nobody in *this* group cares about that either (this group being
    comp.lang.c).

    Followups redirected.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 18, 2005

  3. benben

    CBFalconer Guest

    benben wrote:

    >> Oko is a development tool for building Windows applications. It
    >> uses an object-oriented programming language similar to C++ and
    >> has a rich set of visual tools that

    > Perhaps the only thing everyone in this group would care about:
    > why use an "object-oriented programming language similar to C++"
    > instead of standard C++?

    It doesn't appear to be C, which makes it off-topic. Fups set.

    CBFalconer, Aug 18, 2005
  4. benben

    Mike Oslon Guest

    We have finished testing Oko. It now becomes shareware. You can download an
    evaluation copy and/or purchase a registered copy on-line: www.ploko.net.

    Oko is a development tool for building Windows applications. It uses an
    object-oriented programming language similar to C++ and has a rich set of
    visual tools that
    make application creation a relatively easy and intuitive task. Its
    integrated development environment allows you to create a wide range of
    functional units that can benefit both from the power of the language and
    the versatility of the GUI tools. An efficient code generator makes your
    source code compact and clear and lets you skip many explicit
    initializations. At the same time, code generation is configurable, so that
    you can insert your own code at any level, as well as turn off the automatic
    generation of any of the components.

    Oko has a set of visual database tools that use ODBC to connect to data
    sources. It can generate data forms and provides a set of flexible data
    controls to facilitate the creation of database applications. For many
    tasks, Oko can replace systems such as Microsoft Access generating database
    applications with no programming involved. The advantage of Oko is that its
    applications are very compact, fast, and, of course, stand-alone. It also
    has a built-in report generator.

    Oko produces either Win32 executables or dynamic link libraries (DLLs) from
    which you can export functions to be deployed in any other program. It
    creates stand-alone executables that need no other modules to run.

    www.ploko.net

    Mike Oslon, Aug 18, 2005