OLAP cube ERROR: "the data being processed is over the allowed limit" and tips on increasing speed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mrwoopey, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. mrwoopey

    mrwoopey Guest

    Hi,

    My OLAP data cube is giving me the following error when I am
    manipulating OLAP data cube views:
    "the data being processed is over the allowed limit"

    I know that this message is caused by the size limit of each form
    field that is retrieved in the Request object is 102,399 bytes. The
    error occurs when I exceed this limit.

    Microsoft recommends the following:
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=273482

    and this guy has another technique:
    http://www.pstruh.cz/tips/detpg_largepost.htm

    But how would I integrate these solutions for the OLAP cube viewer (in
    a internet explorer web browser) that Microsoft released with their
    sql 2000 resource kit (asp and javascript OLAP cube viewer)?

    Also, I need tips on increasing the speed of the cube. My cube is only
    using 10 percent of my multi-processor machine. How would I increase
    the amount of the processor(s) used for displaying my cube?

    Your help is appreciated. Please post your reply.

    Thanks!

    Phin

    mrwoopey, Oct 30, 2003