    who the current windows users is (i.e. the user who was
    authenticated and who is "running" this IIS session)?

    Alex

    Alex Maghen, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Alex Maghen

    Ray at Guest

    Turn off anonymous access and use request.servervariables("logon_user")
    Search www.aspfaq.com for more info.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Alex Maghen

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Alex Maghen wrote:
    > Is there a way in ASP (3.0, not .NET) for me to determine
    > who the current windows users is (i.e. the user who was
    > authenticated and who is "running" this IIS session)?
    >
    > Alex

    With Basic Authentication, Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") should
    contain the name of the authenticated user.
    With NT Challenge/Response, it's Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET