    What has changed in Mandrake 9.1 vs 8.1? Is it Perl or Apache? and where?

    regards,

    Ceri Hankey
    Ceri Hankey, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Ceri Hankey

    Sisyphus Guest

    Ceri Hankey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few CGI scripts that worked fine under mandrake 8.1 and apache
    > 1.3.?, but having UPGRADED (ie not a new installation) to Mandrake 9.1
    > and Apache 2.0, I keep on getting a 'file not found' error whwn I run
    > the scripts - in var/log/httpd/error22.log.
    >
    > The CGI scripts appear to work fine when called via 'perl -d
    > scriptname', but fail when called via a Web page.
    >
    > What has changed in Mandrake 9.1 vs 8.1? Is it Perl or Apache? and where?

    Don't kmow but it sounds to me like an Apache configuration issue.
    You've got a new Apache in the upgrade - and I would think that the
    configuration file (httpd.conf, iirc) has been overwritten, and needs
    editing. I would start by checking that.

    Which "file" is "not found" ? I assume it's the perl script.

    Hth.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Ceri Hankey

    Tintin Guest

    "Ceri Hankey" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a few CGI scripts that worked fine under mandrake 8.1 and apache
    > 1.3.?, but having UPGRADED (ie not a new installation) to Mandrake 9.1
    > and Apache 2.0, I keep on getting a 'file not found' error whwn I run
    > the scripts - in var/log/httpd/error22.log.
    >
    > The CGI scripts appear to work fine when called via 'perl -d
    > scriptname', but fail when called via a Web page.
    >
    > What has changed in Mandrake 9.1 vs 8.1? Is it Perl or Apache? and where?

    It's Apache and hence off-topic for this group.
    Tintin, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Ceri Hankey

    Ceri Hankey Guest

    Tks for reply...
    Yeah, it sure looks like an http config problem. Sure would like to know
    which file cannot be found - I have tried everything to try to trace this.
    Is there any way to get more data in the log files - I have set the LogLevel
    to debug, but still do net get not much info on the 'missing' file!

    Ceri Hankey, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Ceri Hankey

    Ceri Hankey Guest

    More question re Perl

    How to get rid of the following error (in /var/log/httpd/error22_log) when I
    try to run a cgi script...

    modperl_callback_run_handlers: no PerlChildInitHandler handlers configured
    ()

    What is the correct call please?

    Ceri Hankey, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Ceri Hankey

    Sisyphus Guest

    Ceri Hankey wrote:
    > Tks for reply...
    > Yeah, it sure looks like an http config problem. Sure would like to know
    > which file cannot be found - I have tried everything to try to trace this.
    > Is there any way to get more data in the log files - I have set the LogLevel
    > to debug, but still do net get not much info on the 'missing' file!

    I think the folks at comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi are pretty well
    versed in Apache configuration issues. Beyond that, *I* can't really help.

    Cheers,
    Rob

    Sisyphus, Oct 11, 2003
  7. Ceri Hankey

    Ethan Brown Guest

    Ceri> Hi,

    Ceri> I have a few CGI scripts that worked fine under mandrake 8.1 and apache
    Ceri> 1.3.?, but having UPGRADED (ie not a new installation) to Mandrake 9.1
    Ceri> and Apache 2.0, I keep on getting a 'file not found' error whwn I run
    Ceri> the scripts - in var/log/httpd/error22.log.

    Ceri> The CGI scripts appear to work fine when called via 'perl -d
    Ceri> scriptname', but fail when called via a Web page.

    Ceri> What has changed in Mandrake 9.1 vs 8.1? Is it Perl or Apache? and where?

    Ceri> regards,

    Ceri> Ceri Hankey

    Hi Ceri--

    As a fellow "victim" of updating my Mandrake box, I found that some
    scripts were having problems because they started with

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl

    and the later Mandrake versions have perl at

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    Try running your scripts from the command-line instead of through the
    webserver and see if that helps to identify the problem.

    --Ethan Brown
    --Keyboards: "The Fabulous Pelicans" (www.pelicans.com)
    --In a band? Use http://www.WheresTheGig.com for free.
    Ethan Brown, Oct 21, 2003