OLD IDE C Compiler

happy

I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
have it Please.
Not TC 2.01

Rufus V. Smith

happy said:
I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
have it Please.
Not TC 2.01

Are you looking for a C programming IDE?

Why not use an editor that can call external compilers?

If you are simply looking for a cheap IDE, you might check
new/used bookstores for C tutorial books which include
CDs (or floppies, even) with IDEs.

Rufus

BMarsh

Hi there,

on a wintel box, you might give RHIDE a try, which is free, but does
look like an old TurboC editor, which it looks like you dont want...?

http://www.delorie.com and follow the "ZipPicker" link for DJGPP, the
DOS port of the GCC compiler suite.

cheers

bryan

Randy Howard

I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
have it Please.
Not TC 2.01

This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
which are quite decent, and free.

If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
choice than here.

Neil Kurzman

Randy said:
This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
which are quite decent, and free.

If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
choice than here.

MSVC 1.52c is the last MS compiler that targets DOS and the IDE is bug
ridden.
TC 4.51 is free or cheap?