    compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
    have it Please.
    Not TC 2.01

    happy, Jan 14, 2005

  2. "happy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
    > compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
    > have it Please.
    > Not TC 2.01

    Are you looking for a C programming IDE?

    Why not use an editor that can call external compilers?

    If you are simply looking for a cheap IDE, you might check
    new/used bookstores for C tutorial books which include
    CDs (or floppies, even) with IDEs.

    Rufus

    Rufus V. Smith, Jan 14, 2005

  3. happy

    BMarsh Guest

    Hi there,

    on a wintel box, you might give RHIDE a try, which is free, but does
    look like an old TurboC editor, which it looks like you dont want...?

    http://www.delorie.com and follow the "ZipPicker" link for DJGPP, the
    DOS port of the GCC compiler suite.

    cheers

    bryan

    BMarsh, Jan 14, 2005
  4. happy

    Randy Howard Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
    > compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
    > have it Please.
    > Not TC 2.01

    This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
    about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
    the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
    which are quite decent, and free.

    If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
    code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
    perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
    8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
    find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
    choice than here.

    --
    Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
    "For some reason most people seem to be born without the part

    Randy Howard, Jan 14, 2005
  5. happy

    Neil Kurzman Guest

    Randy Howard wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > I have suffered from searching all over net for an older IDE C
    > > compiler. Please help me to send a compressed of that compiler if you
    > > have it Please.
    > > Not TC 2.01

    > This newsgroup isn't about finding a platform-specific IDE, it's
    > about standard C. However, if you want from Windows (based upon
    > the limited info above), check out MinGW or Dev-CPP, both of
    > which are quite decent, and free.
    >
    > If you mention "older" because it needs to compile 8- or 16-bit
    > code, then you may need to try and find a very old copy of MSVC,
    > perhaps on e-bay. There may be a version of gcc that generates
    > 8- or 16-bit "dos" binaries, but I don't know offhand where to
    > find it. One of the gnu newsgroups is proabably a far better
    > choice than here.
    >
    > --
    > Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)
    > "For some reason most people seem to be born without the part
    > of the brain that understands pointers." -- Joel Spolsky

    MSVC 1.52c is the last MS compiler that targets DOS and the IDE is bug
    ridden.
    TC 4.51 is free or cheap?

    Neil Kurzman, Jan 15, 2005