Old program to generate skeleton of Finite State Machines

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Aardalath, Jan 19, 2009.

  1. Aardalath

    Aardalath Guest

    Hi, all

    For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
    a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
    of
    skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
    states and transitions were specified.

    The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
    do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
    had
    at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
    I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
    probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

    Could somebody of you help me with it?

    Thanks a lot,
    J C Gonzalez
    Aardalath, Jan 19, 2009

  2. Aardalath

    Dan Henry Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 05:18:12 -0800 (PST), Aardalath
    <> wrote:

    >For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
    >a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
    >of
    >skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
    >states and transitions were specified.
    >
    >The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
    >do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
    >had
    >at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
    >I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
    >probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).
    >
    >Could somebody of you help me with it?

    Libero?

    http://legacy.imatix.com/html/libero/index.htm

    --
    Dan Henry
    Dan Henry, Jan 23, 2009

  3. Aardalath

    Aardalath Guest

    On 19 ene, 18:49, (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
    > >For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
    > >a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
    > >of
    > >skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
    > >states and transitions were specified.

    > You could be talking about lex and/or yacc.  I have my doubts about that,
    > though.  There are GNU variants of these called flex and bison.
    >
    > >The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
    > >do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
    > >had
    > >at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
    > >I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
    > >probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

    > Lex and yacc are quite a bit older than this.

    Hi!
    Nope, something that specifically was feeded with a kind of states and
    transitions specifications and generated a sort of templates to fill
    in the actual code. (but see below :eek:)
    Thanks, anyway!

    J C
    Aardalath, Jan 27, 2009
  4. Aardalath

    Aardalath Guest

    On 19 ene, 19:00, "Lorenzo Villari" <> wrote:
    > "Aardalath" <> ha scritto nel messaggionews:...
    >

    > > Hi, all

    > > For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
    > > a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
    > > of
    > > skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
    > > states and transitions were specified.

    > > The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
    > > do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
    > > had
    > > at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
    > > I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
    > > probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

    > > Could somebody of you help me with it?

    > I think it was the thread "State-Machine Techniques, preferred techniques?",
    > but for what I can see that is coded in C++ (maybe it comes with a C version
    > too), and you can now find it on sourceforge, under the name "chsm". Hope
    > that helps (I've never used it).

    Hi!

    Yeah, I looked at that one, but it was not the one I was looking for.
    (but, see below :eek:)

    Thanks!
    J C
    Aardalath, Jan 27, 2009
  5. Aardalath

    Aardalath Guest

    On 23 ene, 19:29, Dan Henry <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 05:18:12 -0800 (PST), Aardalath
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
    > >a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
    > >of
    > >skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
    > >states and transitions were specified.

    > >The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
    > >do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
    > >had
    > >at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
    > >I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
    > >probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

    > >Could somebody of you help me with it?

    > Libero?
    >
    > http://legacy.imatix.com/html/libero/index.htm
    >
    > --
    > Dan Henry

    Hi, Dan!

    Yeah!!! That was it!!!

    Many thanks, you cannot imagine the time I was looking for it!!

    Thanks again!

    J C
    Aardalath, Jan 27, 2009