Old program to generate skeleton of Finite State Machines

Aardalath

Hi, all

For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
of
skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
states and transitions were specified.

The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
had
at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

Could somebody of you help me with it?

Thanks a lot,
J C Gonzalez

Dan Henry

For historical reasons (also some kind of romaticism) I'm looking for
a piece of code that somenoe did some years ago, to generate a kind
of
skeleton files implementing a FSM in C, from a text file where the
states and transitions were specified.

The problem is that I do not remember the name of the program, but I
do know that the first time I found it was about 1996, and that it
had
at least a user manual in PostScript, and some examples.
I'm sorry, I cannot give more details (OTOH, if I had more details,
probably I would have found it by searching in Google or so).

Could somebody of you help me with it?

Libero?

http://legacy.imatix.com/html/libero/index.htm

Aardalath

You could be talking about lex and/or yacc.  I have my doubts about that,
though.  There are GNU variants of these called flex and bison.

Lex and yacc are quite a bit older than this.

Hi!
Nope, something that specifically was feeded with a kind of states and
transitions specifications and generated a sort of templates to fill
in the actual code. (but see below :eek:)
Thanks, anyway!

J C

Aardalath

"Aardalath" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio

I think it was the thread "State-Machine Techniques, preferred techniques?",
but for what I can see that is coded in C++ (maybe it comes with a C version
too), and you can now find it on sourceforge, under the name "chsm". Hope
that helps (I've never used it).

Hi!

Yeah, I looked at that one, but it was not the one I was looking for.
(but, see below :eek:)

Thanks!
J C