OleDB Exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bijoy Naick, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Bijoy Naick

    Bijoy Naick Guest

    I am using ASP.NET with an Access database.

    When I issue a ExecuteNonQuery operation, it fails. So I print out the
    sql statment, and the exception info.. Here it is..

    I am unable to find the "syntax" error. When I cut and paste the query
    into Access it runs fine..

    Can anyone spot the problem?

    ---- START --------

    UPDATE eventURLs SET webcast = '', quesmang = '', metrics = '',
    preregistration = '', survey = '', password = '', archiveWebcast = '',
    archiveSurvey = '', archiveMetrics = '', chairESN = '', chairExternal =
    '', participantESN = '', publicNumber = '', technicalESN = '',
    technicalExternal = '', technicalPasscode = '', audioConfEmail = '',
    otherDetails = '' WHERE eventID = 10

    Syntax error in UPDATE statement.

    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Syntax error in UPDATE statement. at
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32 hr)
    at
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPA
    RAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) at
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior
    behavior, Object& executeResult) at
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior
    behavior, String method) at
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at
    Eventsdb.editEventDetails.EventURLsSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs
    e) in
    D:\Profiles\BNAICK\VSWebCache\mmsurveys.ca.nortel.com\Eventsdb\Admin\edi
    tEventDetails.aspx.vb:line 897

    Bijoy Naick, Jun 3, 2004