OleDbConnection: ASP vs ASP .Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steven K, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Steven K

    Steven K Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to convert my connection string from ASP to ASP .Net. This is
    my understanding:

    ASP
    "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=MyServer;Database=MyDatabase;uid=MyUser;pwd=MyPswd
    "

    ASP.Net
    "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MyServer;Initial
    Catalog=MyDatabase;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

    Is this the mapping?

    ASP ASP.Net
    -------- ---------------
    Server Data Source
    Database Initial Catalog
    uid ?
    pwd ?

    Also, what is Integrated Security=SSPI?

    --
    Thanks in advance,

    Steven
    Steven K, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Steven K

    Marina Guest

    You should actually just be able to use the original string you have. Most
    of the parameters have multiple valid names.

    Also, if you plan to use the SqlClient provider, do not pass the provider
    type, as that always uses the sql server provider.

    Integrated Seuciryt = SSPI, means to use integrated security to connect to
    the database as opposed to a username/password. That means it will try to
    connect as the ASPNET user, if you are running this via asp.net. So if the
    ASPNET account doesn't have rights to access the sql server, this will fail.

    Marina, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Your Connection String will be the same in ASP.Net as it was in ASP.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Mar 4, 2004