omniorb, python and callbacks

Melissa Wallis

I have a class with 5 callbacks. Two of the callbacks work fine but the
others don't. The main difference is that the callbacks that don't work are
composed of a sequence of structs. I noticed a comment about this same
problem on the web but no solution was noted. What makes the callbacks with
the sequences so different? It seems that when one of the callbacks with a
sequence is called it just hangs. I am talking to a TAO orb from omniORB.

Thanks for any help
Melissa

Duncan Grisby

Melissa Wallis said:
I have a class with 5 callbacks. Two of the callbacks work fine but the
others don't. The main difference is that the callbacks that don't work are
composed of a sequence of structs. I noticed a comment about this same
problem on the web but no solution was noted. What makes the callbacks with
the sequences so different? It seems that when one of the callbacks with a
sequence is called it just hangs. I am talking to a TAO orb from omniORB.

I suggest you subscribe and post to the omniORB mailing list rather
than here. When you post, please give some details about what exactly
you are doing, and what exactly goes wrong. Have you tried running
omniORB with some tracing turned on?

Cheers,

Duncan.