On hover - change image - animated gif

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dave Kelly, Nov 25, 2006.

  1. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    Look here first:
    http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
    On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
    cursor hovers over a subject.

    Now look here:
    http://www.texasflyfishers.org/

    Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
    boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
    clicks on the subject?

    Here is the gif I wish to have there.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif

    I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
    go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
    there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.

    TIA
    Dave
    Dave Kelly, Nov 25, 2006

  2. On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:01:25 GMT, in alt.html Dave Kelly
    <> wrote:

    >Look here first:
    >http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
    >On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
    >cursor hovers over a subject.
    >
    >Now look here:
    >http://www.texasflyfishers.org/
    >
    >Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
    >boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
    >clicks on the subject?
    >
    >Here is the gif I wish to have there.
    >http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif
    >
    >I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
    >go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
    >there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.
    >
    >TIA
    >Dave

    Take a look at the source code for the Southern Council page. They are
    using Java Script and mouseover scripting to accomplish their picture
    change.

    I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
    the bottom of the page at
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

    As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
    inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
    purpose.

    --
    William Hughes, San Antonio, Texas:
    The Carrier Project: http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/carrier.htm
    William Hughes, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Dave Kelly

    Dave Kelly Guest

    William Hughes wrote:

    > I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
    > the bottom of the page at
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

    I will read there. Thanks for the link.

    I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
    code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

    > As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
    > inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
    > purpose.

    Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
    create. Shirley, W3 will protest.
    Dave Kelly, Nov 25, 2006
  4. On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:19:25 GMT, in alt.html Dave Kelly
    <> wrote:

    >William Hughes wrote:
    >
    >> I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
    >> the bottom of the page at
    >> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

    >I will read there. Thanks for the link.
    >
    >I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
    >code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

    I played with mouseovers once, but decided to go a different route
    (see URL in sig).

    >> As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
    >> inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
    >> purpose.
    >>

    >Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
    >create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

    "FLASH! Amateur webmaster breaks Internet! Entire world in a panic!
    Film at 11!"

    http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/icon/smiley.gif
    William Hughes, Nov 25, 2006
  5. Dave Kelly

    natashab Guest

    H, I'm new to the group and am pleased I have finally come across it.

    This question has been bothering me also for some time so hopefully
    using the information here I to will be able to sort my problem also.

    Thanks
    Natasha

    natashab, Nov 30, 2006