On hover - change image - animated gif

Dave Kelly

Look here first:
http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
cursor hovers over a subject.

Now look here:
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/

Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
clicks on the subject?

Here is the gif I wish to have there.
http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif

I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.

TIA
Dave

William Hughes

Look here first:
http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
cursor hovers over a subject.

Now look here:
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/

Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
clicks on the subject?

Here is the gif I wish to have there.
http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif

I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.

TIA
Dave

Take a look at the source code for the Southern Council page. They are
using Java Script and mouseover scripting to accomplish their picture
change.

I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
the bottom of the page at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
purpose.

Dave Kelly

William said:
I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
the bottom of the page at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

I will read there. Thanks for the link.

I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.
As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
purpose.
Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

William Hughes

I will read there. Thanks for the link.

I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

I played with mouseovers once, but decided to go a different route
(see URL in sig).
Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

"FLASH! Amateur webmaster breaks Internet! Entire world in a panic!
Film at 11!"

http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/icon/smiley.gif

natashab

H, I'm new to the group and am pleased I have finally come across it.

This question has been bothering me also for some time so hopefully
using the information here I to will be able to sort my problem also.

Thanks
Natasha