    persistence layer called Hybernate? Please help.

    Thanks and regards,
    Ravi
    Ravi Shankar, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Ravi Shankar

    Will Hartung Guest

    "Ravi Shankar" <> wrote in message
    news:ck4avd$lqi$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > When we should use Hybernate?
    >
    > WHen I create a web appliaction, business layer communicates with db layer
    > (Session Beans/Entity Beans to Database), where or what is the need for a
    > persistence layer called Hybernate? Please help.

    If you were to use H*I*bernate in this confiuration, you'd basically forego
    using Entity Beans. Entity Beans are the persistence component of a
    "generic" J2EE application, and Hibernate essentially overlaps much of that
    functionality.

    You could mix and match the too, but if you're designing and developing from
    scratch, there's no reason. Just pick one technology and move forward.

    Regards,

    Will Hartung
    ()
    Will Hartung, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Ravi Shankar

    Bryce Guest

    On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:03:38 +0800, "Ravi Shankar"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >When we should use Hybernate?

    Do you mean Hibernate?

    >WHen I create a web appliaction, business layer communicates with db layer
    >(Session Beans/Entity Beans to Database), where or what is the need for a
    >persistence layer called Hybernate? Please help.

    When you don't want to use Entity Beans, one option (among many) is
    Hibernate.

    --
    now with more cowbell
    Bryce, Oct 8, 2004