    Is there a way to do this more efficient? I am just looking for some ideas at this stage.

    Cheers

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Feb 20, 2005

  2. windandwaves

    Toby Inkster Guest

    windandwaves wrote:

    > In general, this may be quite an expected (although of course NOT
    > recommended) way to do this. However, because of the size, it has just
    > become far too big.
    >
    > Is there a way to do this more efficient?

    Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
    names of the regions as simple text links.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Feb 20, 2005

  3. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > windandwaves wrote:
    >
    >> In general, this may be quite an expected (although of course NOT
    >> recommended) way to do this. However, because of the size, it has just
    >> become far too big.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to do this more efficient?

    > Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
    > names of the regions as simple text links.
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Could you still call Javascript from Flash ? I want tickboxes to be ticked if people click on the regions (for a search function).
    see

    http://switch.hosts.net.nz/~admin64/search.php

    Also, how hard would it be to use Flash (I do not have a lot of experience with this tool).

    Thanks for your reply Toby.

    - Nicolaas

    windandwaves, Feb 20, 2005
  4. windandwaves

    SpaceGirl Guest

    windandwaves wrote:
    > "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message news:p...
    >
    >>windandwaves wrote:
    >>

    >>>In general, this may be quite an expected (although of course NOT
    >>>recommended) way to do this. However, because of the size, it has just
    >>>become far too big.
    >>>
    >>>Is there a way to do this more efficient?

    >>Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
    >>names of the regions as simple text links.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    >>Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
    >>

    > Could you still call Javascript from Flash ? I want tickboxes to be ticked if people click on the regions (for a search function).
    > see
    >
    > http://switch.hosts.net.nz/~admin64/search.php
    >
    > Also, how hard would it be to use Flash (I do not have a lot of experience with this tool).
    >
    > Thanks for your reply Toby.
    >
    > - Nicolaas

    Yes you can. In actionscript;

    getUrl("javascript:dosomething()");

    You can add this to any button or symbol (inside an "on" event, of course)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Feb 20, 2005
  5. windandwaves

    windandwaves Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message news:...
    > windandwaves wrote:

    >>>Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
    >>>names of the regions as simple text links.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    >>>Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
    >>>

    >> Could you still call Javascript from Flash ? I want tickboxes to be ticked if people click on the regions (for a search
    >> function).
    >> see
    >>
    >> http://switch.hosts.net.nz/~admin64/search.php
    >>
    >> Also, how hard would it be to use Flash (I do not have a lot of experience with this tool).
    >>
    >> Thanks for your reply Toby.
    >>
    >> - Nicolaas
    >>

    > Yes you can. In actionscript;
    >
    > getUrl("javascript:dosomething()");
    >
    > You can add this to any button or symbol (inside an "on" event, of course)
    >

    > --
    >

    > x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
    >
    > # lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
    > # remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

    Thanks Miranda...

    windandwaves, Feb 21, 2005