on Mouse Over map

windandwaves

Hi Gurus

We have just put together a map with a MouseOver effect...

It can be found at http://friars.co.nz/newnzmap/m.html

This come straight out of something like photoshop.

In general, this may be quite an expected (although of course NOT recommended) way to do this. However, because of the size, it has
just become far too big.

Is there a way to do this more efficient? I am just looking for some ideas at this stage.

Cheers

- Nicolaas

Toby Inkster

windandwaves said:
In general, this may be quite an expected (although of course NOT
recommended) way to do this. However, because of the size, it has just
become far too big.

Is there a way to do this more efficient?

Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
names of the regions as simple text links.

windandwaves

Toby Inkster said:
Ouch! Use Flash, and provide as a fallback a plain HTML list, with the
names of the regions as simple text links.

Could you still call Javascript from Flash ? I want tickboxes to be ticked if people click on the regions (for a search function).
see

http://switch.hosts.net.nz/~admin64/search.php

Also, how hard would it be to use Flash (I do not have a lot of experience with this tool).

Thanks for your reply Toby.

- Nicolaas

SpaceGirl

windandwaves said:
Could you still call Javascript from Flash ? I want tickboxes to be ticked if people click on the regions (for a search function).
see

http://switch.hosts.net.nz/~admin64/search.php

Also, how hard would it be to use Flash (I do not have a lot of experience with this tool).

Thanks for your reply Toby.

- Nicolaas

Yes you can. In actionscript;

getUrl("javascript:dosomething()");

You can add this to any button or symbol (inside an "on" event, of course)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

windandwaves

SpaceGirl said:
Yes you can. In actionscript;

getUrl("javascript:dosomething()");

You can add this to any button or symbol (inside an "on" event, of course)

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Thanks Miranda...